Feather duster or anemone

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely a Majano anemone if it’s glowing green.. same as aiptasia but doesn’t spread like crazy… it’s easier to get rid of..
I agree. Looks like a majano nem to me. I would get rid of it as they can spread quickly under the right nutrient conditions.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0828.jpeg
I can't tell for sure from the pics (they're understandably a bit blurry, and clarity is really important for nems and nem-like critters), but might it be a ball anemone (Corallimorph)?

The link below has several images of various ball nems you can compare with to see if any look like a match, but they generally have noticeable little, white ball-tips on each of the tentacles.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell for sure from the pics (they're understandably a bit blurry, and clarity is really important for nems and nem-like critters), but might it be a ball anemone (Corallimorph)?

The link below has several images of various ball nems you can compare with to see if any look like a match, but they generally have noticeable little, white ball-tips on each of the tentacles.
I just realized I apparently forgot to add the link:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back