FIOS or Comcast Broadband?

FIOS (Verizon Fiber Network) -OR- Comcast Broadband???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have Comcast...but Verizon just finished running fiber in my neighborhood, and the FIOS is available! Anyone have any pros or cons of either???

flytrap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have Comcast...but Verizon just finished running fiber in my neighborhood, and the FIOS is available! Anyone have any pros or cons of either???

Fiber has more growth then cooper with higher bandwidth. Faster up and down for data.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes...from what I understand...and please correct me if I am wrong...They ran the fiber around the neighborhood. And when they come for the install...they run a smaller fiber right up and inside the house. They said it would upgrade my phone system also to fiber...and they are offering cable (fiber) TV in the very near future to compete with Comcast. I am just going to go with it. It is cheaper and faster...seems like a no brainer!

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definately go with it, I have great dislike for comcast and their billing departments.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't even get me started with their billing department!!! They screwed me over so hard core because of a mistake they made!!! They are history...my mind is made up!

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, and this stupid SBC DSL, that's supposed to be 15.99 or something like that, messed up charged us 30, caled them, they told us they would credit the next bill, next bill comes and they charge us 30 again, call again and they tell us they will credit the next bill, well will find out soon.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THAT IS EXACTLY what happened to me with Comcast...in the end I had to pay it all...I had some choice 4 letter words for them though...they earned the difference from me verbally!!!

Back