Fire goby died red belly

FlipFlakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fire goby started to get a red spot on the belly and after a few days it died. I’ve been searching and found something called uroema marinum, I hope it’s not that but I have no idea does anyone know? Thanks

6CB1DA2B-A524-4ACB-9C90-73B8C3B5E04E.jpeg B900CA64-71EB-45EF-AA4F-FAB867865987.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fire goby started to get a red spot on the belly and after a few days it died. I’ve been searching and found something called uroema marinum, I hope it’s not that but I have no idea does anyone know? Thanks

6CB1DA2B-A524-4ACB-9C90-73B8C3B5E04E.jpeg B900CA64-71EB-45EF-AA4F-FAB867865987.jpeg

It does look like an internal issue of some sort. Uronema is a possibility, especially with it dying with its mouth open. How long did you have this fish? Uronema usually strikes when you first acquire a fish (say in the first month or so). It really isn't treatable, but it also doesn't tend to spread from fish to fish like some other diseases do.

Here is a link to an article I wrote on this (it is the PDF link on the right):

Jay

OP
OP
FlipFlakes

FlipFlakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look like an internal issue of some sort. Uronema is a possibility, especially with it dying with its mouth open. How long did you have this fish? Uronema usually strikes when you first acquire a fish (say in the first month or so). It really isn't treatable, but it also doesn't tend to spread from fish to fish like some other diseases do.

Here is a link to an article I wrote on this (it is the PDF link on the right):

Jay
Thanks, I’ve had this fish for over a year and I didn’t got any new fish either so I don’t see how anything could get into the aquarium, everything has been fine for over a year and all the same fish! Hopefully the other fish don’t get it as well I was concerned about that.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’ve had this fish for over a year and I didn’t got any new fish either so I don’t see how anything could get into the aquarium, everything has been fine for over a year and all the same fish! Hopefully the other fish don’t get it as well I was concerned about that.

O.K., I think you can rule out Uronema then. I've never seen it show up in a fish that has been in a tank for over a year.

Remember, adding fish is just one pathway disease can get into tanks - anything "wet" (corals, algae, CUC) can also transmit disease.

That said, I don't think this is one of the common communicable diseases, could this stem from an injury (a bruise?)

Jay

OP
OP
FlipFlakes

FlipFlakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.K., I think you can rule out Uronema then. I've never seen it show up in a fish that has been in a tank for over a year.

Remember, adding fish is just one pathway disease can get into tanks - anything "wet" (corals, algae, CUC) can also transmit disease.

That said, I don't think this is one of the common communicable diseases, could this stem from an injury (a bruise?)

Jay
Thanks for the help, maybe it got injured somehow i really don´t know, i didn´t get any new corals recently these past months so it´s very strange, but hopefully the other fish keep doing fine.

Back