OP
Stealth777

Stealth777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have TONS more pics but this is taking forever - haha - anyway, I had that setup for like 2 years and even with the chiller - my temps were way too high even with the heavily modified hood. I dont have it pictured, but i added an additional fan to the original top as well, to try to increase circulation - but alas, the top had to GO !!! I bought a sunpod and made a custom glass top and the sunpod sat over that for a while until the glass broke. Too lazy to make another glass top (but i make them for others, so go figure!?) - i decided to go completely topless. So needless to say, i started losing about 1/2 a gallon per day due to evaporation. So i had to install an ATO (automatic topoff system) that siphoned r/o water from a 10 gallon bucket, once float switches were tripped in the main filter area of the aquapod. I have photos of all of that too, but dont wanna bore you. I will take some pics as it sits right now, after I modified the Sunpod metal halide with some sweet Ecoxotic Panorama actinic LED's !!!

OP
OP
Stealth777

Stealth777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32.jpeg
34.jpeg
33.jpeg
31.jpeg
35.jpeg

OP
OP
Stealth777

Stealth777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, Im not very good with all the tools here on this website. It's my first day here, but wanted to get some snapshots out so u get the general idea of the modifications i went thru to get to where i currently am. Obviously I just started fragging, and I expect these frags of zoanthids and acropora to turn into decent sized colonies, that I hope to trade for more diverse species. So if anyone would like to keep in touch with me, to trade frags or buy/sell - please feel free to private message me here. I do intend to start an additional frag tank, as I gather more and more zoanthids (both common and designer) , acroporas, monti's et al. I think this hobby should be all about SHARING, and id be more than happy to trade with anyone. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, so if anyone local wishes to stop on by to check things out once these colonies take off, I'd be more than happy to have you.

Happy Reefing!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef....Always nice seeing more South Florida reefers!! I live in Davie myself. Great Pics and mods to your tank!!

Hawkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Steve,

Good looking pics - Glad your frags are doing good.
We put a bid on another house and we should know by tomorrow if we get it. Next comes the tank move.. We did sell off alot of our stuff, but still have sooo much and moving that tank is not something we're looking forward to. We'll probably take you up on your offer to help us move it :)

If you want to add more pics on here - easiest way is this:
1) Create a photobucket account - www.photobucket.com
2) Upload your pics. You can edit and resize them on photobucket if needed.
3) Photobucket will generate 4 different codes for you. You want to copy and paste the one called "IMG Code" exactly how it is into your reply

If you click on GoAdvanced, you can preview it as you go before you post.

Hope this helps and were looking forward to seeing more pics form you. Welcome to R2R and we will see you soon.

OP
OP
Stealth777

Stealth777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I was wondering how many people are posting images that are vertical and bypassing the 5 images per post thing.

I dont know much about this site or its functionality - and am only here because i overheard you say something about having to post on reef2reef.com - so i came home and here i am.

Looking forward to meeting lots of new people, making friends, helping out where i can etc.

You guys were very cool and yea, no problem whenever u need me - I can help with the tank move. You have my number.

:bigsmile:

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, if we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Looks like you got the DIY stuff down pretty good - might want to start a DIY thread in the DIY forum for aquapods - great way to share information.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Steve - Good meeting you yesterday! How is the frag doing in your tank?? Hope everything else is good.

OP
OP
Stealth777

Stealth777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason,

It was great meeting you as well. We have to get together again whenever your free - grab a beer or whatever/whenever. I do alot of hiking/camping/outdoors stuff, so if ever your interested in planning something, let me know.

The frag was doin well, but earlier today I wanted to trim the tile it was on, to make it smaller. I have tiling sheers and was chipping away at the tile, and got it just the right size - but at the very last chip, I guess it vibrated the acropora and it broke off near the base. So I superglued it back on, about 1/4" away from its old base. So hopefully 2 acro's will develop over time. It's a very delicate piece for sure (very thin). I had it on the sand bed for a day and today moved it about 6" off the sand. Not sure how close this was sitting from your MH's so let me know roughly what type of light its used to.

I met with Marc Weiss shortly after you left. We did dinner at Chili's, where he provided me with samples of products under development. So I'm beta testing them out and hope to assist him in the future with marketing and product development (if he wishes). Maybe one day soon, I'll introduce you to him. He's very astute and laid back - but a real straight shooter (which i like).

My skimmer is up and running, and is a real beast. So far its still breaking in (i estimate about a week of this, before seeing any decent skimmate). The Aqua C Remora Nano is a very nice setup and i highly recommend it to any reefers that are having space issues within their confined sumps. I suggest using a higher flow pump than the manufacturer recommends, so i upgraded to the maxi jet 1200. I also have some tips to reduce the overall noise it generates.

Ok, well feel free to keep in touch and let me know whenever you frag your chalice.

Peace out!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason,

It was great meeting you as well. We have to get together again whenever your free - grab a beer or whatever/whenever. I do alot of hiking/camping/outdoors stuff, so if ever your interested in planning something, let me know.

The frag was doin well, but earlier today I wanted to trim the tile it was on, to make it smaller. I have tiling sheers and was chipping away at the tile, and got it just the right size - but at the very last chip, I guess it vibrated the acropora and it broke off near the base. So I superglued it back on, about 1/4" away from its old base. So hopefully 2 acro's will develop over time. It's a very delicate piece for sure (very thin). I had it on the sand bed for a day and today moved it about 6" off the sand. Not sure how close this was sitting from your MH's so let me know roughly what type of light its used to.

I met with Marc Weiss shortly after you left. We did dinner at Chili's, where he provided me with samples of products under development. So I'm beta testing them out and hope to assist him in the future with marketing and product development (if he wishes). Maybe one day soon, I'll introduce you to him. He's very astute and laid back - but a real straight shooter (which i like).

My skimmer is up and running, and is a real beast. So far its still breaking in (i estimate about a week of this, before seeing any decent skimmate). The Aqua C Remora Nano is a very nice setup and i highly recommend it to any reefers that are having space issues within their confined sumps. I suggest using a higher flow pump than the manufacturer recommends, so i upgraded to the maxi jet 1200. I also have some tips to reduce the overall noise it generates.

Ok, well feel free to keep in touch and let me know whenever you frag your chalice.

Peace out!

Sounds good man....i'm sure we will get together some time.
Sorry to hear about the frag but i guess you might have two instead of one...bonus! Yeah i had a feeling the frag tile was a little big. That was the first one i used and now i am cutting them down to 1inch by 1 inch. much better size.
Glad the skimmer is running well and you know i wll definitely give you a heads up when i frag my chalice!

freshfruit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey im in miramar and id like to see what corals or frags you have for sale and trade

call or text me

786 252 5344
Thanks,
Joe

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back