First Reef Tank

Hawkeye1842

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am currently 5 months into my first reef tank. I am going to post two pictures one from when we first added corals (yes there is a nem in there it was given to us and then we relocated it when we couldn’t keep it happy) and then a picture taken today. I feel good about the progress of the tank but I’m curious about your thoughts on how things are turning out. I am planning on keeping it LPS/Softie dominated I have a hand full of sps frags that are currently doing really well so might add more later.

IMG_2448.jpeg IMG_3528.jpeg

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I can give is not to rush anything. And keep up with regular maintenance.

OP
OP
H

Hawkeye1842

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks really nice!!!! Lovely placement of corals imo! Just one concern is that algae on the back wall? If so I’d look into controlling that and what is causing it.
I don’t clean the back wall ever. My rocks and everything stay so clean from everything that when I cleaned my back wall all my snails and stuff would die really fast. So I leave it back there for them to eat it’s not the most beautiful thing but it keeps my critters alive.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t clean the back wall ever. My rocks and everything stay so clean from everything that when I cleaned my back wall all my snails and stuff would die really fast. So I leave it back there for them to eat it’s not the most beautiful thing but it keeps my critters alive.
I do the same for the same reason.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back