First time seeing these marks on Ocellaris

seanemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've had a new ocellaris for a couple weeks now in a 30gallon, tank parameters were stable and everything seemed to be going fine.

I recently started seeing this open sore, next to hypermelanization from my BTA which I noticed the day before the sore, does anyone have any clue what this is?

I'm inclined to believe it's part of the sting due to its proximity, but wanted to see if anyone here was familiar.

Cheers

274331256_496521535351173_538411329175959507_n.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
May be bacterial - need more white light and closer angle. There appears to be dots on the fish which could be brook or flukes. Again need clearer pics
Is breathing breathing normal or labored?
Is it eating normally ?
Is it hanging towards top of tank?

OP
OP
seanemone

seanemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a closeup of the area,

Breathing and feeding are both regular, and its hanging in the same corner it usually swims around in.

I noticed it rarely will go on its side and seize a couple times but I thought that might be sexual behaviour with its mated pair. But I also thought that was submissive behaviour and i'm pretty sure this ocellaris is the dominant one (nipping at smaller clown)

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.43.19 PM.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a closeup of the area,

Breathing and feeding are both regular, and its hanging in the same corner it usually swims around in.

I noticed it rarely will go on its side and seize a couple times but I thought that might be sexual behaviour with its mated pair. But I also thought that was submissive behaviour and i'm pretty sure this ocellaris is the dominant one (nipping at smaller clown)

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.43.19 PM.png

Seems superficial to me - at least it looks like you can see normal pigmentation showing through the lesion.

Could be a bruise or a coral sting. I don't see anything treatable at this point, but of course, it bears watching.

Jay

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 70 34.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 31 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back