Fish suggestions for a 20 gallon that can stand up to a highly aggressive clownfish?

MyFirstCar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Basically as it says on the title. I've got a 20 gallon nano with a 2 clownfish and "Alice" has already killed 2 molly millers and makes a solid attempt at killing my hand whenever I put it in. The tank has a couple of places + caves that could support another fish, but is there one that could stand up to/survive the bullying of an aggressive clownfish? Ideally something pretty low maintenance as I'm definitely not an "expert level" fish keeper yet.

I was looking at a midas blenny, pink streaked wrasse, or maybe a firefish or royal gramma, but I think these might all be bullied.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all!

Basically as it says on the title. I've got a 20 gallon nano with a 2 clownfish and "Alice" has already killed 2 molly millers and makes a solid attempt at killing my hand whenever I put it in. The tank has a couple of places + caves that could support another fish, but is there one that could stand up to/survive the bullying of an aggressive clownfish? Ideally something pretty low maintenance as I'm definitely not an "expert level" fish keeper yet.

I was looking at a midas blenny, pink streaked wrasse, or maybe a firefish or royal gramma, but I think these might all be bullied.
Orchid dottyback, six line wrasse, or a jewel damsel would be my thoughts!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have luck with gobies that hang out at the sandbed and away from the clowns, but IME once the clowns decide they don’t like others it’s hard to find anything that will work long term.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back