Fish Tank Kings premiere Saturday @ 10pm on Nat Geo Wild!

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am watching it right now.

Last edited:

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will be a week or do before it's up on their site.

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt think the show was that good. it was no better than tanked and the personalities were not likeable.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not like the show too much, they outsourced a tank they could have done, the characters are angry and have little personality, and those poor fish will die from the stress very prematurely, if you watch closely, you can see the fish scramble away when the ball hit the tank, that made me mad.

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was slightly disappointed...I was hoping to see A LOT more of what went into setting up the tank, like the life support, instead we got Tanked without the annoying new yorkers (no offense to any new yorkers). I hope they learn from Tanked's mistakes and show us a bit more about what goes on to make a tank thrive, though I liked the Biologist, he stuck to his guns and made sure the ugly fake corals were at least indigenous to the area. I liked the anger for the simple fact that they're real...it's not a fantasy land they're living in where everything is peaches and cream, it's a business and it gets stressful just like most other business. I didn't get the outsourcing, it probably could have been made and shipped cheaper in a near by area.

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was okay. It's missing the NY attitude and personality from the other show. Especially since I'm a New Yorker, cough cough :) I think the show will grow on me like the other one did. I just keep in mind that it's mostly for entertainment. If I needed real advice I'd do my own research. I just think it's great that there are two of them running at the same time and wish them both the best of luck.

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda bumbed about that one... I was hoping for more about the build/workings of the tank. I felt
Like to much of it was staged. They did say that this was only about that one tank and the rest will be about other stuff. Hopefully it will be more about truly the build and setting it up and the chemistry or something like that. I think you all know what I mean I just can't say it. I will continue watching them.

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked it. I think it's interesting that taked took a bus from the same build. But it is what it is.

Leonard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read www.AdvancedAquarist.com Monday for something really cool
smile.gif
The first show really isn't indicative of the reminder of the season. Nat Geo decided to use the most public build to kick off the series for the general audience.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back