Flatworm Exit Mechanism

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious of the mechanism that flatworm exit deals with flatworms: does it outright kill them or just paralyze them? Anyone have any ideas/evidence in either direction?
ideas only: i believe it has wormwood and makes the corals un appealing to the flatworms which starves them out eventually killing them.

I've actually been using it for over a year or two on two systems but not because of FW's. im dosing it because I've been told it has special powers ;)

I have no idea if it works on FW's or does anything else but I have it on auto dosers on two systems along with acropower again not sure they do anything but .....

!edit:!! I thought that said flatworm stop sorry, I have no experience with flatworm exit...+bump

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes them fall out across the entire tank and they do not recover - the majority die quickly in my experience.
But there were always a few survivors. A couple of rounds of FWE + keeping a wrasse that would eat a small number of them were the two requirements to them being gone from my system.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it once years ago, it worked really well, kills them very quickly. As mentioned above, a repeat treatment will kill off any survivors. The most important thing is that flatworms release toxins when they die, so the more flatworms in your system, then the more toxin that will be released. I think you're supposed to run carbon and an airstone, but read up on that,

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back