Flatworms

dabruecker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to post my frustration with flatworms! I have tried flatworm exit (didn't work on this strain) and am about to use a different de-wormer in my tank. They are the brown flatworms and are a real pain in the neck! All I can say is PREVENTION!

OP
OP
D

dabruecker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they are not AFEW the tank is a brand new set up and has no coral in it. They are the common rust colored FW. However, they are a very hardy strain of the FW because I am having a heck of a time trying to kill them!

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use triple the FWE 3 times to erradicate my problem. Have you increased the dose X3? At the end, I dumped the rest in. My tank didnt crash, and they are gone.

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasse could never keep up with the exponential growth. I had several of them, and a nudi branch, and they still thrived.

mr_X

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the flat worm exit itself doesn't hurt the tank, but it kills the flatworms. the mass flatworm death is what makes the tank toxic. if you vacuum out most of them, and then use it, i don't see how using more than the recommended dose would hurt.

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did research about the FWE and found that to completely get them all, you needed to do the heavier doses or multiple times of the dosing. People said that the initial dose only killed half. When I saw that the tank was not crashing I just kept increasing the dose until those little buggers stopped moving. Mine were also the rust and brown colored ones.

Back