OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more photos from today! The corals have seemed to have opened up more, minus the new zoas. They are still pretty upset. The duncans are also not fully open yet, but are no longer sliming. Loving the frogspawn, also my mushroom seems a bit larger too!

Attachments

• IMG_4482.jpeg
    IMG_4482.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4480.jpeg
    IMG_4480.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4484.jpeg
    IMG_4484.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4485.jpeg
    IMG_4485.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 32

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ollie!

IMG_4424.jpeg

These are some spots that I think your new coral would look good in. I obviously can't tell the flow and lighting. These are just spots I think it would look good in. Keep in mind that the coral you are getting has a pretty powerful sting, so you want to try to position it a few inches away from nearby corals.

Also, how's your Duncan doing?

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ollie!

IMG_4424.jpeg

These are some spots that I think your new coral would look good in. I obviously can't tell the flow and lighting. These are just spots I think it would look good in. Keep in mind that the coral you are getting has a pretty powerful sting, so you want to try to position it a few inches away from nearby corals.

Also, how's your Duncan doing?
Thank you SO much for the suggestions Walker! I'll be sure to keep in mind flow and lighting haha, but I managed to adjust the flow so its not as intense where my frogspawn is. I actually plan to put a torch (my other coral!!) to the right of my frogspawn kind of where you circled, just on the very edge. I am hoping it's enough space to where it does not STING my precious frog haha. Not sure where I might put the hammer. I thought that hammers didn't sting frogs, they sorta got along? I've seen them touch before.

I did end up moving stuff around last week. I just realized I haven't updated in a whileeeee, so I will do that later this week! I will post a current tank photo of today for reference, but I moved my red mushroom lower so it is no catching so much flow on one side. I also got rid of my brown button polyps... you can guess why lol. I currently have my duncan on a plug, but I could not cut the ceramic plug at all... I need like a diamond cutter :face-with-tears-of-joy: I am thinking about just taking the duncan off the plug and gluing it sort of where the polyps are in the old picture. But the duncan itself is doing great! Today is the most open I have seen the heads, some of them are still babies!

Other corals are doing great too. My Xenia has 4 heads/stems now which is cool! Double than when I got it. My Marley zoas are finally starting to open up after over a week. Still small but showing some of their color.

Attachments

• IMG_4767.jpeg
    IMG_4767.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4763.jpeg
    IMG_4763.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4768.jpeg
    IMG_4768.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4769.jpeg
    IMG_4769.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I've seen this guy in a couple of places on my rock. Is he friendly? I think I've read that these guys just surf around the rocks and are like CUC. I hope it's just not a flatworm or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 15

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you SO much for the suggestions Walker! I'll be sure to keep in mind flow and lighting haha, but I managed to adjust the flow so its not as intense where my frogspawn is. I actually plan to put a torch (my other coral!!) to the right of my frogspawn kind of where you circled, just on the very edge. I am hoping it's enough space to where it does not STING my precious frog haha. Not sure where I might put the hammer. I thought that hammers didn't sting frogs, they sorta got along? I've seen them touch before
No problem. Yes, you're right. Most euphyllia can be housed next to eachother, but there are some exceptions. Some can't, some can. I don't know what hammer and torch you are getting, so I can't say for sure that they will be fine. I would just look up the 3 euphyllia that you are going to have in your tank, and see if they are peaceful with other euphyllia. :)

Last edited:

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, I've seen this guy in a couple of places on my rock. Is he friendly? I think I've read that these guys just surf around the rocks and are like CUC. I hope it's just not a flatworm or anything.
Hmm. Looks kind of like a flatworm to me. Hard to tell though, because the pictures are blurry. What do you think it is? My 1st guess would be a type of flatworm, my 2nd would be a limpet/stomatella. Also, not all flatworms are bad.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If it has a shell
Could be a chiton

IMG_7846.jpeg

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Yes, you're right. Most euphyllia cab be housed next to eachother, but there are some exceptions. Some can't, some can. I don't know what hammer and torch you are getting, so I can't say for sure that they will be fine. I would just look up the 3 euphyllia that you are going to have in your tank, and see if they are peaceful with other euphyllia. :)
The hammer I got is a peach branching aussie hammer, and I am pretty sure it will be safe next to my frog. The torch on the other hand might sting, so I will try and space it further away. Thanks for the tips! :)

I just took my duncan off the frag and glued it to my new spot. Definitely ticked it off... hopefully it'll open back up later lol. I used gloves but since it's a colony it's got heads all over so I had to touch some when they retracted.

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has a shell
Could be a chiton

IMG_7846.jpeg

Hmm. Looks kind of like a flatworm to me. Hard to tell though, because the pictures are blurry. What do you think it is? My 1st guess would be a type of flatworm, my 2nd would be a limpet/stomatella. Also, not all flatworms are bad.
Thanks for the responses guys. I think it resembles a chiton very well, and I think that is what I was reading about a while ago. When I touched it, it was pretty hard. I remember a few weeks back I thought it was part of the rock lol. Until I started seeing it in different places. The shape and pattern resemble the chiton as well. Mine is pretty dark, almost like a black/grey. Doing some research it seems like a miniature chiton. Thanks again Steele, got worried especially since I have two more (kinda $$$ for me) euphyillia coming this week. Don't want any euphyillia flatworms.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back