Found a Cheap “Weeping Willow”

WetPringleChip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer before reading: frag looks tiny but the plug diameter itself is 2-2.5. So polyp length is roughly 2 times that width.

So I was on facebook market place and stumbled across a photo of the tiniest flesh mount but long polyped toad stool. I instantly almost doubled the asking price and said hold it. Its mine. I know it isnt a real weeping willow and it hasnt fully opened up in my tank all the way because they had little to no knowledge on saltwater and never used blue lights. This toadstool grew off some cheap freshwater fixtures from the look of it. Insane right? A whole year but at least i know its bullet proof. The origin is unknown because i know the fish store it was “bought” from (it was a pit stop right after buying the coral) and they have something shorter polyped and a different color.
I know that it isnt a true weeping willow but 4 inch-4.25 inch polyps by guesstimating the fully extended polyps off of the 2-2.5 inch plug…. I love it and cant wait to grow it out. Its a nice dark pink as well. When first buying it I was under the impression that it was a tiny zoa plug but in person it was huge. Even half opened in the bag, the polyps were longer than torches ive owned in the past!! Also 40 bucks beats the 100 + shipping ive seen online for something with medial polyp length.
This photo is the listing photo (it looks sad in my tank as it is still acclimating to proper salinity, low lighting for now, and more friendly levels as i can only assume)
35B673F4-3AE2-4124-B5FA-3BC28D666BC2.jpeg

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer before reading: frag looks tiny but the plug diameter itself is 2-2.5. So polyp length is roughly 2 times that width.

So I was on facebook market place and stumbled across a photo of the tiniest flesh mount but long polyped toad stool. I instantly almost doubled the asking price and said hold it. Its mine. I know it isnt a real weeping willow and it hasnt fully opened up in my tank all the way because they had little to no knowledge on saltwater and never used blue lights. This toadstool grew off some cheap freshwater fixtures from the look of it. Insane right? A whole year but at least i know its bullet proof. The origin is unknown because i know the fish store it was “bought” from (it was a pit stop right after buying the coral) and they have something shorter polyped and a different color.
I know that it isnt a true weeping willow but 4 inch-4.25 inch polyps by guesstimating the fully extended polyps off of the 2-2.5 inch plug…. I love it and cant wait to grow it out. Its a nice dark pink as well. When first buying it I was under the impression that it was a tiny zoa plug but in person it was huge. Even half opened in the bag, the polyps were longer than torches ive owned in the past!! Also 40 bucks beats the 100 + shipping ive seen online for something with medial polyp length.
This photo is the listing photo (it looks sad in my tank as it is still acclimating to proper salinity, low lighting for now, and more friendly levels as i can only assume)
35B673F4-3AE2-4124-B5FA-3BC28D666BC2.jpeg
That does look like some great polyp length. Excited to see how it progresses. Good find!

How can it even retract those polyps? It doesn't look like there would be enough space.

OP
OP
WetPringleChip

WetPringleChip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like some great polyp length. Excited to see how it progresses. Good find!

How can it even retract those polyps? It doesn't look like there would be enough space.
So interestingly enough, it deflates like an angry torch polyp and pulls back maybe 70% of the way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back