• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FREE Moray Eel!!!

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked at a LFS once and we had a customer bring in a 4 ft tesslata eel in a five gallon bucket. I don't think there was two gallons of water in there with him. It's a shame these creatures are often forced to live in tanks that are far too small for them.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can"t it be released into the wild? I know there are morays off southern california coastlines up to 150'

labman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What

can"t it be released into the wild? I know there are morays off southern california coastlines up to 150'

150 foot long moray eel where is joc cousteau when we need him! I have never heard of one that long heck even 15' wish I had a home for this guy

Sooner Reefer

24g Aquapod
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I'm pretty sure that's a Green Moray, bet that's a little over half it's full size. (I believe their max is 6ft...but it's been a long time since I've read any articles or even cared about bigger fish like those in this case a monster lol)

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 foot long moray eel where is joc cousteau when we need him! I have never heard of one that long heck even 15' wish I had a home for this guy
meant they are found at depths of up to 150' off the coast. Unbelievable to me that I had to clarify this. Good luck with finding a home for it.

frogfishes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are they green morays? Exact same species? If it could even survive in a different environment, you wouldn't want to be introducing a non-native species of course.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back