OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited. I had PT this morning at 8:45 now Sherry, @Ocean_Queenie, and I are resetting all of our pod cultures as I got some new vessels for them to make it easier for her to harvest while I continue to play one armed bandit (the only gamble is whether I can keep from doing too much, kind of a restless spirit if you know what I mean).

Then a new set of phytoplankton vessels arrives Thursday, air pump arrived today and we are going to upgrade the ten vessels I brought out of retirement so we are now culturing our phyto for two weeks between harvests so it will be really rich.

Then more time bringing our website to life. And with my daughter out of school for three days, there is going to be a lot of quality family time, especially after our stellar parent teacher conference (pretty much the same as always) where we are told what a pleasure she is to teach and how incredibly kind she is.

Thank you R2R community for all your kindness and support.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So I was resetting one of my copepod groups and as I was sieving I realized just how many stages there are in the pods. I don’t know how everyone else does it, but when I harvest I do not separate out the young from the old. I would assume I would maintain thicker cultures by keeping the smaller pods and nauplii, but that is why I run multiple cultures of each to allow for recovery. What this means to my customers is that my pods come with everything to have the best chance to colonize allowing them to purchase less frequently.

PM me for questions or orders.
PayPal and Venmo accepted.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thank you Reef2Reef community for all your support. Has been an exciting venture so far and the hits keep coming.

We are upgrading again with another set of phytoplankton cultures.

The journey begins.

IMG_6255.jpeg

At least this time I knew which way the gasket goes.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Busy day with Calliope’s volleyball game and then more work setting up our new equipment. Lots of exciting things coming soon.

placing orders early will be really helpful for @Ocean_Queenie my lovely wife to get prepped.

FREE SHIPPING OVER $25

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are sterilized (well our equipment) and ready to start our harvest. Everything is looking great. We have at least 4 gallons of phyto above or orders and what we need for the week to culture so let us know.
Pods we harvest a small amount over our orders and use ourselves if it doesn’t get sold so that we don’t thin the populations too much. That is the last thing we do tonight before prepping tomorrows deliveries so plenty of time to place orders today.

PM for details.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have had a great week thanks to our Reef2Reef Community. And all the hard work that @Ocean_Queenie put in. She split the phyto cultures and I got to hang back and watch. Did have to bring in some young muscle to get them back on the shelves. But they are up and running.

IMG_6267.jpeg

Hope the next batch is as good. Here is a peek at this weeks Phyto Buffet, and we still have some available for shipping tomorrow.

IMG_6266.jpeg

Our pods are out of this world also. Check out this video.

Still have product available. PM for order information. Or questions.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
IMG_6282.jpeg

@Ocean_Queenie asks when will it ever stop. Our new water storage tank. 275 gallons. Going to make splitting sooo much easier.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
IMG_6295.jpeg

Coming along nicely. @Ocean_Queenie is going to be gone Saturday so place orders early so I can have it all organized for her. Oh and I guess she’s doing a good job, she got a new fish. Details tomorrow.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It is going to be a long and busy weekend. Have that water tank to install (got some buddies gonna do all the heavy lifting). They pods are eating a gallon of in 1/2-2 days so there are going to be tons. Almost finished with our webpage, hope to get it up this weekend but don’t know. Bringing new offerings, more later as they develop. And my love @Ocean_Queenie taking off Saturday and Sunday to visit family, but back in time to get the harvest. But then we get a message like this and it suddenly seems a lot less like work and a lot more like FUN!!

IMG_6323.jpeg

Oh and PS her new fish. We replaced her Queenie (Panther Grouper). Sorry I didn’t get a pic today.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Working on the website. COMING SOON!!
Pods and phyto look great again this week.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have a really great harvest this week. Get your orders in early. Thanks.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Great week. Sold out of pods. Very little phyto left. Thank you to all our loyal customers. Get yours for next week, order soon. The love of my life @Ocean_Queenie really stepped it up to get all these orders out.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are excited to launch our new product. Check out our culturing kits here.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to announce the launch of our Website. @Ocean_Queenie and I have invested a lot of time and effort in the preparations. We still need to add some photos and updated photos. Please let us know what you think and any suggestions.

And we have added FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING OVER $50 when purchased from the website. Get your pods faster.

www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to announce the launch of our Website. @Ocean_Queenie and I have invested a lot of time and effort in the preparations. We still need to add some photos and updated photos. Please let us know what you think and any suggestions.

And TODAY ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT place a first time order with us here or on our website and receive a discount code for 10% OFF your next order.

www.reefbysteele.com

And we have added FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING OVER $50 when purchased from the website. Get your pods faster.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Such great response so we are extending our new customer discount offer. Make a purchase from our website by midnight tonight and we will ship tomorrow and you will get a discount code for 10% off your next order.

www.reefbysteele.com

@Ocean_Queenie and I really pushed to get everything ready to ship, and got to the post office to find it closed. Happy Columbus Day everyone. So now headed home to switch to UPS.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie and I are so grateful to all our friends and customers in Reef2Reef. Great week of sales, but even more importantly is the number of people who have reached out asking about my shoulder and wishing us luck. Thanks all.
We can still take orders at www.reefbysteele.com for 2 day shipping for tomorrow. Then everything else will have to ship next week. First time customers receive a coupon code for 10% off your next order.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie got her cultures going last night. We are experimenting so we can make the best suggestions. She started with a Top Fin air pump designed for a 20 gallon aquarium and it seemed to be enough for both phyto cultures to roil, and small stream of bubbles for pods. However this morning there was no air flow in the second phyto culture so I switched to a 40 gallon recommended Top Fin air pump and will reevaluate later.

Small change, as we were preparing to set up, Sherry asked what the pinkish red phyto was, and so since she loves pink, we switched to Rhodosomas salinas for her second culture. This is the one deprived of air for part of the night last night so we will keep an eye on it. Note that the Rhodo culture is set farther from the lights as it wants to be eased into full light over a few days. Here is what the setup looks like. Sherry is excited and says if she can do it, anybody can.

IMG_6446.jpeg

Check them out here.

reefbysteele.com

Plankton Culturing Kits

Everything you need for culturing except Saltwater and an air pump!
reefbysteele.com

Or check out the new website
www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie is checking her cultures and they are growing. Still a little worried about the Rhodosomas salinas as it didn’t have flow the first night. But it appears to be in suspension so might be OK. Still a day or so before she is supposed to move them closer to the lights.

Last night I sieved and reset one of our pod collections. Tigriopus, Tisbe, and Apocyclops are all ready to go. Awesome density. They are literally mowing through the phyto, hungry pods are healthy pods.

IMG_6456.jpeg

Just a little look at some of them.

Visit www.reefbysteele.com to order or PM us here with questions.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie is checking her cultures and they are growing. Still a little worried about the Rhodosomas salinas as it didn’t have flow the first night. But it appears to be in suspension so might be OK. I think she will wait until tomorrow to move closer to the lights.

We are going to have a great harvest this week. Place your orders soon at www.reefbysteele.com soon to get yours reserved. FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING on orders over $50. And our customer satisfaction guarantee is your assurance of receiving great quality.

Use code R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF.

Check out these Tigs

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back