• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Frustrated at Vendor "reefcleaners"

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I am staring at my tank, thinking I'm in need of some Nassarius snails to help stir up the sand & replenish my clean up crew a bit. I stumble upon reefcleaners.org based on articles from here. I order 10 Nassarius Snails, I add 10 dwarf ceriths, 8 additional hermits, a Halloween Crab, and 2 Scarlets, and a bunch of shells for all the new critters. So i pay $42 for my order. $15 of which is shipping. My order arrives, I open it, follow instructions and place in the new critters. The halloween crab, scarlets, and some hermits survived the trip (high value items i just added to justify the high shipping cost, and they looked cool). Unfortunately ALL of the Nassarius snails are dead. Most of the dwarf ceriths are dead. Most of the hermits are dead. So I literally paid $42 ($15 shipping) for a bunch of empty shells, and maybe 7 critters in total. I ordered 31 in total.

I decide to contact ReefCleaners.org and they offered to refund my losses. So I'll get about $7 bucks back for that. They also suggested that i go back on the site and reorder what i lost, and they are not willing to pay for shipping or offer a discount. So. That means I will need to go spend another $15 on shipping, and maybe risk a bunch of dead critters again. On their site it says FREE shipping over $65. So if i put in another order which will be >$23 because again shipping alone is $15, I will have qualified for FREE shipping in the first place!! Yet, I will have paid shipping TWICE ($30) per their recommendation. Just bad. Whatever.

Anyways, I'm pretty frustrated, i feel like i wasted $45. There was no point to this purchase and Reef cleaners didn't offer anything but to "refund my loss". Great, the whole entire point of the order was to get the snails and crabs. Am I in the wrong here?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moved thread to Vendor Feedback forum, and outside comments have been removed from this thread per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution. If other members would like to contribute their experience with either the buyer or seller, they may do so by posting a link to their own feedback thread (this is the only type of outside comment that is allowed in this feedback thread). If you have any questions, feel free to message me or another staff member. Happy reefing!

Daniel
Team R2R

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 56 53.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back