• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Strombus Maculatus aka "Nano Conchs"

Item Price
$100 shipped
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi everyone!

I've got some snails that evidently are pretty hard to come by these days so I figured I would offer some up for sale here. I've had these snails in quite a few systems over the years and currently have them in both my display, and my frag tank. If I had to guess, I'd say I've had them growing in my tanks for at least 10 years. They are great little grazers (particularly on glass) and reproduce rapidly. What I've always found interesting is that their over all population would always fluctuate dependent on nutrient levels in the tank. They stay small, at only ~1/4" to maybe 3/8" but they are film algae destroyers.

I've got enough to do 5 packs of 10 snails each. This will be enough to get an appropriate population going for whatever size tank you have (unless it's huge!) within a couple of months. Price will be $100 shipped, and they will ship in an insulated box (not an envelope) and go via UPS Priority Overnight. An ice pack will also be used given the high temps this time of year. I know that they're just snails, and may very well be perfectly fine to ship via a slower (cheaper) method, but I like to give any living organism that I ship the best chance at survival that I can. I did a trial run of shipping approximately 40 of these from Tx to Fl last week and the buyer stated that they all arrived in very good condition and he didn't notice any that were DOA. So I'm confident that they will ship well, and get to you just fine using the same shipping method that I used for his order. That stated, standard DOA applies.

Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis and I would rather not start a wait list for these guys. I tried that for my Yellow Fiji Leather frags and it was more hassle than it was worth! Shoot me a PM if you're interested, thanks!

IMG_3454.jpeg IMG_3455.jpeg

rocker15238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some snails from him and they came in perfect condition and packed very well. He even gave me extras which is a plus. Definitely recommend this seller for strombus snails

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious...are they able to flip themselves over if upside down. Flipping snails over has become a full time job.

OP
OP
DIYreefer

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm curious...are they able to flip themselves over if upside down. Flipping snails over has become a full time job.

Yes, they can definitely flip themselves over. They can even hang from rocks (if they get knocked off) like spiderman with this little web-like thing and pull themselves back up to the rock... not kidding. It's pretty neat.

OP
OP
DIYreefer

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
All PMs have been responded to and it looks like I will be down to the last 2 packs soon.

OP
OP
DIYreefer

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Pretty sure I'm down to the last pack now. Will update if any of the 2 pending orders fall through.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back