fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update Update!!

So it has been about a month since my last up date and there are all kinds of things going on.

1 - I have yet to hook up my LEDs....i know i am such a procrastinator. But I did finish painting my stand to hold the lights so i am hoping over Thanksgiving to have it up.

2 - My tank is still doing very well. Minimal algae growth and little to no cyano. I did buy some more waste away that i am planning to use in a few weeks. Just want another round of this stuff to finish cleaning up what it started.

3 - I recently won an auction from DonavonsReef. A beautiful rainbow wellso for cheap!! I have a couple of pics but nothing really does it justice.

4 - My wife surprised me with a meeting with Felix from Reef Savvy last weekend. Besides the fact that he has beautiful tanks, Felix is a really nice guy. My wife and I were there for an hour talking about all kinds of different things. We are thinking about getting away from that corner entirely and set something up in the pool room in order to gain length over height! The initial thoughts are a 72" x 20" x 24" 3/4 inch glass tank. 3 sides with Diamante.

5 - New Tanks mates arrived yesterday. White Knight clowns that i won from Clownfish Depot. These guys are soo tiny and adorable!! Big thanks to Clownfish Depot - Great Communication and Packaging.

Not a ton of good pictures but i have a few:

Stand in position
img0448ph.jpg

Here it is getting a nice coat of black paint!
img0469xr.jpg

Tank Shot with Wellso bottomn right. Not a great pic since i was testing a new point and shoot.
pa240005f.jpg

Wellso tons of colors on this guy...i promise to get better pics soon
pa240006.jpg

New Clowns!! :)

dsc0012bt.jpg

Better Close up
dsc0016of.jpg

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup. The tank is looking good. I am sure the babies will enjoy their new home. Congrats again on winning the contest!! That music video was great!!

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again Brian. Yeah we enjoyed putting it together. I guess i should post it here just in case anyone hasnt seen it. I swear occasionally we all blurt out Reeef2Reeeeeef. :tongue: lol

[video=youtube;wzlt9VLQdPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlt9VLQdPU&feature=g-crec-u[/video]

OP
OP
fsu1dolfan

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i got my stand done and hung my new reef breeders controllable LED light. Must say thing this awesome and bright!!! I have it dialed back quite a bit so my corals get acclimated. The temp difference is amazing compared to the sunpod. The lighting is amazing as well. The royal blues really make my corals pop!! At the moment this is the only pic i have from my iphone but it give you a good idea of how i have it hanging. I am thinking about cutting the pole some and lowering the whole thing...sits a little higher than i thought. The light sits 6" off the top. what ya think?

img0485a.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back