Gen 6 XR15 Blue Unable to Connect to Existing Tank

The.Seabeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I bought a used Gen 6 XR15 Blue on the market place and I’m trying to get it setup on my tank. For some reason I cannot connect it to my existing aquarium in the Mobius app. It goes through the setup and then when it tries to connect the device, it comes up with this error code. “Error - Failed to add device to network”. I have factory reset a couple times and it still does this.

However, if I create a new tank in the Mobius app it connects just fine and runs normally, but I would prefer to have all of my devices set up on one tank profile.

Any ideas?

IMG_2278.png

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call EcoTech. Mobius sucks and looks like it was written as a High School class project in like 2006. Don't be shocked if they don't know what to do.

Ascartes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't promise anything, but a few things to try, reinstall the mobius app, if you have other networks near your phone, forget all of them (or just turn off auto reconnect temporarily) and only have the network you want your device on set to connect ( i have several iot only networks around so i am doing this often)
Then reinstall app and try it one last time after a factory reset.
Otherwise, add the new light to its own tank and try moving your existing equipment over to it. If that doesn't work either, then yeah you will need their help.
I had some AI lights on a tank with radions and after the wifi beta the app starting just sucking for me so I moved them off to another tank but perhaps some of this may help.

Best of luck!

OP
OP
The.Seabeast

The.Seabeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way that I could set it up on the new tank and then move it over to the existing tank in the app? I’m having trouble finding anything on how to do this.

OP
OP
The.Seabeast

The.Seabeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just deleted the Mobius app and reinstalled. It worked and I was able to add both lights at the same time without an issue. Thanks for the help!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back