GHL settings not restore-able after firmware update

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I updated to the new firmware for my profilux 4 last night, I saved the sensor and settings data to files (as is recommended by GHL). The firmware update went well. I imported my saved settings and sensor data files and everything looked normal. Though I didn't check any settings or sensor probe data, why would I? This morning I woke up to odd values on my sensors (pH of 5??? temp changed from F to C, conductivity dropped ~10 points!). No alarms went off as the settings were not restored (I assume kept as defaults?). However, if I look at the sensor tracking data the probe readings appear normal (pH is ~8.0 not ~5) and were imported successfully. I'm now left with going through my entire P4 system double checking all of the settings. Thankfully, some settings were not butchered, for example my feed modes still work as intended as they got imported.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there an easy fix? I tried importing my settings data file again but that did not work.

Screenshot_20191101-080944.png Screenshot_20191101-080958.png Screenshot_20191101-081018.png Screenshot_20191101-081029.png

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: which settings in the P4 didn't take? Did you manually change them back to what they should be and did that fix the readings you were seeing?

Interested in why the settings didn't restore from the files.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: which settings in the P4 didn't take? Did you manually change them back to what they should be and did that fix the readings you were seeing?

Interested in why the settings didn't restore from the files.
I'm not sure exactly which settings did and did not take. My feed pause, maintenance and stream settings took (or did not get wiped by the firmware update). They appear to have gotten restored from my backup file. Looks like the sensor settings did not take, but the sensor reading backup file did take.

Actually, now for the first time I am seeing the pH chart showing the new lower pH~5 value, not the true value of the tank which is ~8. Did the sensor calibration settings not take?

Last edited:

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recalibrate the sensors to see if that fixes it. I think the calibration settings are in the sensor data file, but not exactly sure.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The few firmware updates I have done on my system I have never needed to restore settings. Why did you restore/import from your old settings? Did the unit loose all your previous data during the firmware update?

Of course I back up my system prior to a firmware update but everything so far has been good after the updates.

Also which firmware did you have and what did you update too?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry have not had internet the last two days storms blew through with no power.

when I have used a restore file I always recalibrate the probes even after the restore more for safety then anything else.

What version did you upgrade from?

OP
OP
P

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using GCC 1.3.1.1 to restore the settings solved the issue (thank you Thilo at GHL).
It certainly is time that I re-calibrate my probes!

There was a known problem in "GCC 1.1.2.9 and GCC 1.1.3.0 with sensor calibration".

OP
OP
P

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry have not had internet the last two days storms blew through with no power.

when I have used a restore file I always recalibrate the probes even after the restore more for safety then anything else.

What version did you upgrade from?
I'm not sure exactly which version i was upgrading from, but I think it was 1.1.2.1

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 184 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back