OP
OP
Ginu

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... this tank is still going, however I lost all my SPS. I don't know what exactly is the cause, can be a combination of bad batch of Hanna Alk checker reagents and running with really high Alk on a Zeovit system, could be zeovit itself or perhaps other reasons which I haven't been able to figure out yet. Ive also got a nice case of bubble algae growing which is not very pleasant; I've got it covered in the DT with some emarald crabs, however its taking off in the overflow causing the gate valve to clog on regular basis.

I added a yellow tang to the system after my chocolate tang was found dead, however the purple didn't take it very lightly so he got banned to the sump. The idea is grow and fatten up the YT up a bit and add them at the same time in a new system I'm starting.

I will be actually shutting this tank down within the next few months and I'm going to take one last crack at running a successful SPS tank with a new tank build. This tank will be a 3' instead of 4' but will be 30" width instead of the 24" and only 20" tall. So a 93gallon tank 36*30*20, I will start a new tank thread on that once in the process.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man so sorry to hear!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back