GIVE THANKS & WIN a TUNZE LED Light and Nano Stream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my wife putting up with my hobby and allowing random people to stop by to get frags all the time.

ridburton061

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thankful for my family and friends. Nothing better then being surrounded by good people who all have love for each other.
I don't really know anyone on here but i like that Paul B gave a shout out to the veterans. Without them who knows where our country would be.

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my family, for the roof over our heads, for having a good job in a tough economy in our area.

I'm thankful for the love and support R2R has shown my family since the destruction of our home during superstorm sandy... i'm especially grateful of the help we received from SeahorseKeeper BroncosZOA & joeKnowsReefs

most importantly i'm thankful for today and each day moving forward I'm Blessed to have with my family and friends

thakid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very thankful for my family,health. The soldiers and their families for the lives some have given for us to have what we have. God Bless us.

thebest14life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for my gorgeous wife and all she does for me .also thankful for revhtree FOR All the contests he hold for all the members he one the site.

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year more than ever, I'm thankful for SCIENCE! In about another 3 hours, my wife will be 2 weeks removed from suffering what could have been a major and life altering stroke. She had went to bed before me and I had stayed up late because I had worked a swing shift and was still winding down. A little while later, I got up to use the bathroom and heard noise coming from the bedroom. First thought was she left the TV on but no, it was just her moaning in bed and I thought, bad dream. I went in and gave her a shake to rouse her out of the dream but quickly realized she wasn't dreaming. For whatever reason, I tried to get her to say her name or mine but she couldn't speak. Called 911 immediately and said my wife's having a stroke. Long story short, we we're in the ER within an hour and they hit her with the clot busting meds but it didn't work. The doc pulled me in a room and said, we need to go in through her groin and up into her brain and pull this clot out. It was a little over a 4mm clot. He said we have about a 50-55% success with this procedure. 2 options were laid out: 1. leave her be and she'd be paralyzed on the right side and probably never speak again, 2. Go in and get the clot and then wait and see how much damage was done with the possibility of having a fatal brain bleed due to the clot buster meds having already been givin and the fact that it is a very delicate procedure. Took all of a call to he sister to confer and 2 secs to say "go get it", she'd never be able to live happily with option 1. They were successful! She was speaking within 2 hrs of the procedure, had gained movement and strength back in her right side. She was discharged 2 days later and you'd never know what she's been through. She will have some speech therapy for awhile to fix a few things (can't get the words in her brain to such things as a text or to a keyboard, sometimes has trouble with word recognition, and a few other things) but overall, we could never have expected things to be where there at now from what she suffered. Prayers are a great thing but science pulled that clot out of the artery in her brain. So, as well as being thankful to Science, all the friends and family's who sent prayers her way, I'm also thankful for my wife, the absolute toughest SOB I know. Reefing Madness

ReeferAlex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for my parents that have been married for 50 years as of next may 1st. I also thank God for putting revhtree in the position to run this forum which helps so many people with my favorite hobby.

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to win anything as I don't need it but wanted to tell you I'm thankful for life. For the healthy beautiful life surrounding me I experience everyday from my kids, wife, family and friends to pets and more. As fast as it can be taken for granted it can be taken away. The day before thanksgiving my father in law is having surgery to remove cancer and I'm thankful for the doctors who will be taking care of him. There is so much more and I could easily go on for hours so I'll just conclude I'm thankful for all the beautiful life around me.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for my amazing mom and dad, who love me unconditionally. I'm thankful for my baby bird, Felix, who brings me joy everyday. I'm thankful for my home, and for my freedom. I'm thankful for my passion, which is nature, that my parents gave me. And I'm grateful for the reef aquarium that they gave me, to help me enjoy nature in my own home. And I'm thankful for all the helpful people here on R2R.

surfnsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm truly thankful for my beautiful wife n daughter and my handsome son who put up with me always messing around with my tanks. Thank God my family, and friends. Thanks to people like revhtree and reefermadness for always helping others. I love reefing and don't really need to win anything.

Marta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for having each day to live. I have a great husband, great children and great pets. I am thankful for the 23 years I had to spend with my son, Alan, who passed away in Sept. 2013 from cystic fibrosis. One of the last things he wanted was a "fish tank" so he enjoyed the hobby for a little while before he passed away. I'm thankful for being able to help others in little ways each day as so many have helped me. Just found TruRacr314x lives nearby. This is a rural area, so that was awesome! Haven't spoken to him yet, but it's nice to know a fellow reefer is close by. And thank to each of you for all your helpful advice and @revhtree for starting this forum!

Last edited:

reefer junky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
contest

i give thanks to all in this hobby who help others get started in reefing thank all of you

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it wasn't for my fellow reefers, I could not have been as succesful as aspire to be, plus I can now determine What Aquarium support equipment etc better suits my needs and others. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GIVEN.

THANKS AGAIN :horn::wave:

slugwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for my Family (Wife and Daughter) They are the air I breathe and the water of life to me.
I wish daily to be with them when we are apart. My Wife feels the same way, she is truly my soul mate.
It hurts to be away from them even for a minute... Rjramos

kristin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for my amazing husband. Without him I do not think I'd have a reef tank. I am thankful for my gorgeous daughters. I am thankful I am able to share this hobby with them and use it as a teaching tool! I do not know anyone on this site yet so I'll tag the previous poster @slugwall

Engineeringman27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such an amazing wife and daughter. Thank you God for your amazing grace and being suck an amazing God!
kireek

Have a blessed day!

Rick

Theclutziestspazzofaninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tagging reef_of_flames , I haven't talked to him for a while, but I feel like I can call him a "forum buddy." Haha :)
And revhtree for creating such a friendly, helpful, forum.

I'm thankful for my family, friends, and the experiences and memories I've shared with them. I'm also thankful for each and every one of my aquatic companions, along with my furry ones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back