Giveaway Disclaimer for Winners

reeftanker17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, guess I deserved that...

At no time did I intimate that the giveaways weren't generous. As a matter of fact, I think I said almost the opposite.

My point was that there is a small, but decent portion of society, including a fair amount of reefers, who do not participate in Facebook. Just as there are folks who don't Twitter, or Snap Chat, or Linked in, or whatever your social media platform of choice is. They aren't any less supportive of this site, or the sponsors who donate; they just, for whatever their reasons, so not have a social media presence. I was just saying it would be nice if, once in a while, there was a contest that did not have an absolute Social Media component.

For what it is worth, as I have started actively particpating here, I have now started a Facebook account (and have "liked" Reef2Reef on there). I was just espressing my opinion. And now, I can join the contests.
That was well said and not mean in any way and the first comment.... thanks for sharing and glad you are starting to post now and not just lurking hah!

Phyllis-Sherer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!!

I am seeing this verse EVERYWHERE now; it's hanging in my bathroom, my pastor sent it to me on my birthday card last week, it's in your post... wow :)

:) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. :)

God is good all of the time....!

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We like to give away stuff here at Reef2Reef and I know you like to win it! We have learned a few things over the years and to help improve on what we are learning I wanted to create a thread as we go along. So keep an eye out for updates.

1. Winners outside the US will be required to pay for the shipping of prizes won.

2. Winners who win a certain prize will not be eligible again to win that same prize within a 3 year period.

3. Winners who post a thread with photos about their prize and the sponsor who donated the prize will be eligible for a special annual giveaway contest. (more details to come) https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-contest-and-giveaway-winners-circle-thread.103002/

4. Only US residents are eligible for livestock giveaways.

5. Winners of the Supporting members $100 giveaway are not eligible to win again for 3 months.

6. Winner responsible for all applicable taxes as determined by your state of residence.

Is number 3 still a thing?

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since I won the early drawing, I am no longer able to participate for the dream system?

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since I won the early drawing, I am no longer able to participate for the dream system?

Why would you think that?

Because #2? It's not the same prize, so still eligible.

Because #5? It's the Partner Member giveaway, not the Supporting Member giveaway.

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Revhtree.could you make a thread on how to link the url and other link requirements from the computer and phone to r2r site and or thread. I've tried countless times and can't figure it out. Also could you include how to get Avatar pictures saved and linked to your profile. It stinks that I can't enter your contests and giveaways over the past few years.I would really like a chance to win and participate in R2R .Thank you in advance for your response thread

Last edited:

Richards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's too much fun watching and listening to that squeaky thing. Honestly he makes sure everyone has a fair chance if you have ever seen him do a drawing.

Cody @ChaosAq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We like to give away stuff here at Reef2Reef and I know you like to win it! We have learned a few things over the years and to help improve on what we are learning I wanted to create a thread as we go along. So keep an eye out for updates.

1. Winners outside the US will be required to pay for the shipping of prizes won.

2. Winners who win a certain prize will not be eligible again to win that same prize within a 3 year period.

3. Winners who post a thread with photos about their prize and the sponsor who donated the prize will be eligible for a special annual giveaway contest. (more details to come) https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-contest-and-giveaway-winners-circle-thread.103002/

4. Only US residents are eligible for livestock giveaways.

5. Winners of the Supporting members $100 giveaway are not eligible to win again for 3 months.

6. Winner responsible for all applicable taxes as determined by your state of residence.

Is there a forum for rules for giveaways?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added this to the opening post:

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Unless otherwise stated in the opening post of a contest, we (either Reef2Reef staff or the sponsor of the contest) will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Last edited:

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish i had joined this forum sooner & i'm glad to be here among such great people knowledge etc...

ceruleanspiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we supposed to start a new thread about our wins or just post about it in that thread you linked? Or do a whole thread and then post that it was made in that linked thread?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are we supposed to start a new thread about our wins or just post about it in that thread you linked? Or do a whole thread and then post that it was made in that linked thread?
Hey there! There's no wrong way to do it. You can start your own thread, post in the winners circle thread, or both (or neither technically... there's no rule that says you "must" post about your win but we really hope you'll share about it with our community :cool: ).

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so here's my win. Great looking product.
20191010_091032.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back