Good brand of bulk calcium chloride in Canada?

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in BC, Canada, and thus has limited access to calcium chloride products known to be safe sold in the States(Dow, Prestone, etc). Does anyone know what brands available here are safe for dosing calcium with?

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

these are the brands most easily found. Are any of them safe? have anyone ever tried any of these? Snow joe reports up to 94% purity, with the rest being NaCl, MgCl, Ca(OH)2, and CaSO4, but I can't find any numbers for Alaskan.

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out J&L Aquatics in Burnaby and see what they have.
yeah I don’t want to use that stuff because it’s quite expensive for only like a month of dosing. Preferably I want to pick up a few kgs at once at a hardware store for the same price and last me through a few years.

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, how have I not seen this before? Still cheaper than home depot after shipping so I’m probably going to want this. Thanks.
They are overall a pretty good site. I'm sure you could find $129 worth of stuff to get free shipping. I've used them for hardware and fish food a few times and they ship fast

Btw, that's not 5 gallons of stuff, it's 2.5kg which they say makes 5 gallons of dosing solution. Might not be exactly what you were looking for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are overall a pretty good site. I'm sure you could find $129 worth of stuff to get free shipping. I've used them for hardware and fish food a few times and they ship fast

Btw, that's not 5 gallons of stuff, it's 2.5kg which they say makes 5 gallons of dosing solution. Might not be exactly what you were looking for.
yeah ik. I’m probably just going to suffer the shipping price since I genuinely can’t think of enough things to scrap together a free shipping with. How hydrated is this stuff? it doesn’t say on the page, but I’ll need to know that to follow the instructions for my DIY three - part.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back