Good light for soft coral biocube?

Flatearth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a knock off brand biocube so no biocube hoods will actually fit so those are not an option. I have a screentop(to keep the tank from getting hot) and an unknown light that sits on top of it. It is a pretty weak light although it does have blue+white lights.

I have mushrooms, long tentacle mushrooms, zoas, palythoas, green star polyp, xenia, and bubble tip anemones. I don't plan on getting any corals with higher light needs. What is a reasonably priced light I could get for this tank? I'm not a fan of the super blue lights as I would like to be able to see the colors on my fish so a blue+white light would be nice.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If price isn't a big concern then the kessil a160we tuna blue would work well. Very straightforward light that has much more of a natural daylight look within its spectral range.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a knock off brand biocube so no biocube hoods will actually fit so those are not an option. I have a screentop(to keep the tank from getting hot) and an unknown light that sits on top of it. It is a pretty weak light although it does have blue+white lights.

I have mushrooms, long tentacle mushrooms, zoas, palythoas, green star polyp, xenia, and bubble tip anemones. I don't plan on getting any corals with higher light needs. What is a reasonably priced light I could get for this tank? I'm not a fan of the super blue lights as I would like to be able to see the colors on my fish so a blue+white light would be nice.
The Nicrew LED lights on Amazon do a nice job of blending spectrum and are pretty reasonably priced and will work well for a tank that size.

bubbgee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out mk_reefs on insta. He has a nice softie tank setup with Dalua pixels.

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions on the tank? You will need a light capable of at least 150+ par for the anemone.

Mine sit at the top of the tank under kessil 360 turned almost all the way up.

OP
OP
F

Flatearth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions on the tank? You will need a light capable of at least 150+ par for the anemone.

Mine sit at the top of the tank under kessil 360 turned almost all the way up.
It is around 20 wide, 20 long, and 18 inches tall because it is not a name-brand biocube.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 137 76.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back