Gun Enthusiast Thread

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I started a thread not to long ago about what gun I should get and it seems there are quite a few gun enthusiast in the reef keeping hobby

So I wanted to start a thread where everyone can talk about guns!!!!

please share the guns you have, or want, or have questions about

So lets talk guns!

I have a Sig Sauer 1911 Combat II .45 at the moment and it has a crimson trace laser on it.
(sorry no pictures photobucket hasnt been working for me lately)

Ill be purchasing a POF 5.56 in either black or nickle not sure which one yet. and with that im going to add on a forward pistol grip and a reflex sight

does anyone have any suggestions on reflex sights? im not overly knowledgable on them

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite guns I have are my baretta CX4 and PX4.

I carry my PX4 and the CX4 is an awesome carbine. They have magazines that are interchangeable. So I can use mags from one gun in another. They are chambered in .40

Here is a pic of the CX4. I have since added few goodies :)
ejehe2e8.jpg

Sent from tapatalk

Jake1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do people think about the glock 23 in a .40 cal? Been thinking about buying one.
By far my fav gun I have owned was a ruger mini 30 with a folding stock leaser dot sight and combat light on the front.

OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do people think about the glock 23 in a .40 cal? Been thinking about buying one.
By far my fav gun I have owned was a ruger mini 30 with a folding stock leaser dot sight and combat light on the front.

hey jake my friend has that exact gun and it is very nice to shoot. no complaints at all.
I just have to shoot it with the extended pinkie grip mag cause my hands were to big other than that it is a great gun

Jake1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey jake my friend has that exact gun and it is very nice to shoot. no complaints at all.
I just have to shoot it with the extended pinkie grip mag cause my hands were to big other than that it is a great gun

Thanks. Been looking at that one since its small but not to small for my hand. Will be for my c/c when I get it all done.

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be purchasing a POF 5.56 in either black or nickle not sure which one yet. and with that im going to add on a forward pistol grip and a reflex sight

does anyone have any suggestions on reflex sights? im not overly knowledgable on them

For a red dot sight, I prefer the Aimpoint T1, though most non professional users will be better served by the H1. Look at Larue Tactical for the mounts, they are built rock solid and are a high quality American made product.

Just one question though, why are you going with a POF piston operated AR? Pistons are a solution looking for a problem in 99 percent of circumstances.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one question though, why are you going with a POF piston operated AR? Pistons are a solution looking for a problem in 99 percent of circumstances.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

what do you mean? what are your problems with it?

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You run into problems with carrier tilt, as the piston and bolt travel on different axis's, which can drive the rear of the bolt down causing it to scrape against the buffer tube. The op rod piston AR15 is an idea applied to an action that it really doesnt work with. If you take apart any weapon system that was built from the ground up for an op rod piston, the bolt is riding on rails. Also a properly gassed AR15 will run very reliably under the vast majority of circumstances, with most malfunctions being caused by improper maintenance and magazine issues.

Here is a quote from Larry Vickers, who is a former 1st SFOD-D Operator and is now one of the premier tactical trainers is the country.

"Piston AR's have their place- to determine if you need one ask yourself four questions;

1) Do I need a barrel length shorter than 14.5 inches
2) Do I need to run my gun suppressed a lot
3) Do I need to shoot a lot of full auto
4) Do I need to shoot a wide variety of ammo

Piston guns have been shown to be superior in those four categories over a DI gun. If you can say no to all four questions a good DI gun will do you fine"

(DI vs Piston AR's - M4Carbine.net Forums)

Another good thread to read: AR- Piston or Direct Impingement? - M4Carbine.net Forums

I will admit to being biased, having used many DI M4s under various conditions, and they have performed admirably.

Last edited:

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Bump!
A few of the favorites in my collection:

Newest addition G19 Gen3 FDE
2012-11-06_18-28-48_424.jpg

i've put mag extensions 3.5lb lonewolf connector, polished all internals, stainles guide rod, and new trigger bar so far. Shoots 10x better for me than it did out of the box with this lighter trigger.

IMG_20121031_175803.jpg

G19 next to my 1911 Tactical RIA. has the skeletonized trigger/hammer, installed VZ grips on it diamondback iirc is the model. Had Dawson Precision FO sights installed. (my favorite handgun)

Howa 1500 .223 Remington
2011-05-25_20-39-38_708.jpg

My grandfather's Colt Match Target
2011-11-25_11-50-25_497.jpg

My Father and I's shared safe: From left to right
Dad's Wichester SX3
My Browning Silver hunter
My Remington 800 wingmaster
My Howa 1500
Dad's .22 lr
Dad's .22 lr remington
2012-05-30_13-09-12_255.jpg

My Heritage Arms .22/ .22Mag plinker
2012-07-15_22-39-16_569.jpg

Beretta PX4 Storm type F .40 (sold)
2012-06-01_10-17-55_121.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of the Ruger Mark I, gun is a product of 1960's and it's a TACK DRIVER. I love this thing, this picture is for reference:
RugerMarkIPistol.jpg

bigfoot86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I have way too many guns to list, have sig sauer, kimbers, berettas, smith and wesson (semi & wheel guns), xd pistols. Shotguns: benelli semi & o/u, stoeger M2000 semi,....Stag Arms 5.56, Remington 7mm mag, Browning 300 RUM(ultra mag), Winchester 30-30 (1956 model), Winchester .708, Ruger .204......thats a short list

Swordfish215

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a lot of guns, love them all, especially the big bores (lever actions mostly)....fav, most dependable handgun I own, Ruger P89.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy birthday to me!!
Ruger SR 5.56 with EOtech holographic sights and a React forward pistol grip w/ flashlight

I've had this rifle for two years or so, it's my favorite gun I own. Other than my family heirloom colt 1911, manufactured in 1919, and carried by my grandfather in World War II

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back