Gustavo’s reef 525 G2+

Tavo_mkv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

Wanted to start a thread to document my experience! I got into reefing in early 2023 with a 30 gallon aqua Japan which is the first pic you see. Later in August I purchased an IM 15 gallon tank and in December I purchased a reefer 525 g2 max as I noticed this hobby has consumed me and why not have a bigger tank to make myself feel happier lol. I since then have turned my 30 gallon into a QT tank and my nano tank into an anemone and clown tank. Reefing has been stressful but there’s nothing like sitting down and seeing what you’ve created. Sorta. My Reefer 525 is my current baby and have taken a lot of precautions that I wish I would’ve known back when I started. I want to document and share with everyone to keep track and get insight on peoples thoughts and expertise.

Equipment:
- 3 Red Sea Led 90s
- 2 Reefwave 45s
- Red Sea RSK 600 protein skimmer
- Red Sea reef mat 1200
- Reefrun 7000
- Apex system with trident and DOS

Fish:
- pair of Picasso premium clowns
- purple tang
- Bimaculatus Anthias
- Lyretail Anthias
- Flame Angel
- Biota yellow tang

In Qt:
- Spotted yellow eye kole tang aka (Indian gold ring)
- Blue tang
- Midas blenny

Everything was packaged well, only a couple things broke in transit which Red Sea replaced within a week with no hassle. Over all it was a great experience receiving my first big tank. Took about 5 hours to build the cabinet and about a day and half to fill the tank with RO water directly from my RO unit. Idk if I’m doing this build thread correctly as this is my first time lol.

IMG_2581.jpeg IMG_2582.jpeg IMG_2583.jpeg IMG_2586.jpeg IMG_2584.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2585.jpeg IMG_9272.jpeg IMG_9274.jpeg IMG_9276.jpeg

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great documentation

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

Wanted to start a thread to document my experience! I got into reefing in early 2023 with a 30 gallon aqua Japan which is the first pic you see. Later in August I purchased an IM 15 gallon tank and in December I purchased a reefer 525 g2 max as I noticed this hobby has consumed me and why not have a bigger tank to make myself feel happier lol. I since then have turned my 30 gallon into a QT tank and my nano tank into an anemone and clown tank. Reefing has been stressful but there’s nothing like sitting down and seeing what you’ve created. Sorta. My Reefer 525 is my current baby and have taken a lot of precautions that I wish I would’ve known back when I started. I want to document and share with everyone to keep track and get insight on peoples thoughts and expertise.

Equipment:
- 3 Red Sea Led 90s
- 2 Reefwave 45s
- Red Sea RSK 600 protein skimmer
- Red Sea reef mat 1200
- Reefrun 7000
- Apex system with trident and DOS

Fish:
- pair of Picasso premium clowns
- purple tang
- Bimaculatus Anthias
- Lyretail Anthias
- Flame Angel
- Biota yellow tang

In Qt:
- Spotted yellow eye kole tang aka (Indian gold ring)
- Blue tang
- Midas blenny

Everything was packaged well, only a couple things broke in transit which Red Sea replaced within a week with no hassle. Over all it was a great experience receiving my first big tank. Took about 5 hours to build the cabinet and about a day and half to fill the tank with RO water directly from my RO unit. Idk if I’m doing this build thread correctly as this is my first time lol.

IMG_2581.jpeg IMG_2582.jpeg IMG_2583.jpeg IMG_2586.jpeg IMG_2584.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2585.jpeg IMG_9272.jpeg IMG_9274.jpeg IMG_9276.jpeg
Love the aquascape design!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back