HAIR LINE CRACK IN 60g CUBE

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do I have before my tank burst? I just went out and purchased a 75g lagoon tank to avoid the same thing from happening with pressure build up in taller tanks.
I’m disappointed due to the amount of funds I purchased the tank for and it’s cracking already.
I guess it’s one of those things you have to chalk up to loving the hobby.
Im thinking about purchasing acrylic and having it cut to size then applying that to the inside of the tank with silicone. That should work ya or no???

I already purchased the lagoon tank but I still want to use the cube if possible

I need to break down the sump first and move it to new location, along with breaking down electrical components, and setting that back up. How long does cracked glass hood up with that much pressure? It’s not losing water

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How long do I have before my tank burst? I just went out and purchased a 75g lagoon tank to avoid the same thing from happening with pressure build up in taller tanks.
I’m disappointed due to the amount of funds I purchased the tank for and it’s cracking already.
I guess it’s one of those things you have to chalk up to loving the hobby.
Im thinking about purchasing acrylic and having it cut to size then applying that to the inside of the tank with silicone. That should work ya or no???

I already purchased the lagoon tank but I still want to use the cube if possible

I need to break down the sump first and move it to new location, along with breaking down electrical components, and setting that back up. How long does cracked glass hood up with that much pressure? It’s not losing water
Will need a pic or two to best assess what you have going on.
Was the tank new when purchased?
What make/brand tank is it?

generally with water pressure, there is no given time, however if you lower water level, you lower the pressure

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to take pictures of hairline cracks but it extends and branches out from the bottom of tank to middle.
I purchased it brand new. It’s an aquian tank

My phone won’t capture the cracks under white light
A98C4B76-540E-4092-85CE-D9B76099CC40.jpeg

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s an actual crack ( can’t see from the photo) it can’t be repaired. If it’s glass acrylic won’t work to repair.
Replace the tank.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Full frame

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back