Has anyone ever built a Chaeto reactor?

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I completely agree except in a situation where you can't have fuge like in a sumpless nanotank
Could always try a HoB fuge, unless it is one of those AIO systems or a rimless tank.

Last edited:

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could alwasy try a HoB fuge, unless it is one of those AIO systems or a rimless tank.
You could but why ugly up your pretty tank by hanging something on the back when you could just have an inlet an outlet pipe instead of for instance something the the fluval edge where you want more space for filtration but the isn't any. thats what I'm thinking about I'm planing on doing a edge tank soon for a night stand tank full of zoas and palys nothing else besides a cuc and maybe two flame prawb gobies in it

Last edited:

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1427824949943.jpg

OP
OP
Fieryfrog

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't an issue with space or anything of the kind. I have a 150 gallon Stock tank for my sump. It is more about trying to keep light out of my sump. And trying to avoid any unwanted algae growth in the sump.

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your case I think it would be more Hassel then its worth I think maybe if you used a big reactor like the phosban 550 , but it would be cheaper for you to just but some black acrylic panels and just line you're refugium walls with them and build a shroud for your light so next to no light goes anywhere but in your refugium

fishmaster818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some Chaetor on the pad of my Carbon reactor, and it got me to thinking. Could I make a Chaeto reactor?

I would have to clean it out occasionally to get the gunk out and to make up for any growth, but that s no biggie. And if I use Black hosing so there isn't any algae growth in the lines, would this be a viable option for Chaeto use?

Has anyone ever done this, and I am just late to the party?

There actual is one. I saw it at a local frag market. They have tested it for eight years at different colleges and reach facilities. The is a light that goes down the middle. It is called a pax bellum arid

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't this practically be the same thing as an algae turf scrubber or hang on back refugium?

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for a nano tank it would be great but anything else where you have enough room for a hob fuge, truf scrubber, or sump fuge I would just use those

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make it with a rod down the middle with two acrylic tubes, so the light would be in the middle. Get a titanium rod with the led ribbon wrapped around it then pump aquarium water through the rod to cool the LEDs. That would work pretty well. And when I say it would work well, I mean it does work well! lol

A.R.I.D. C308 Debuts - Manhattan Reefs

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back