Have you guys checked out the new Neptune DOS QD?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a chance to look at this at Reef-A-Palooza this weekend, and it is QUIET! I love seeing the way that QD tech is coming to be useful in other applications.

Reef Builders has a good write-up on this: Neptune Systems Launch DOS QD Dosing Pump

Neptune-Systems-DOS-QD-1.png

Have you gotten to see this in action yet? What are your thoughts?

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw it...

I like the black and red theme neptune has going....

But i already have 2 Dos's so i don't think i will buy one, and the tank isn't located in a room where silence is required.

But if i need new heads, i'll definitely get these red ones.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw it...

I like the black and red theme neptune has going....

But i already have 2 Dos's so i don't think i will buy one, and the tank isn't located in a room where silence is required.

But if i need new heads, i'll definitely get these red ones.
Right!? I like the new color scheme a lot!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a chance to look at this at Reef-A-Palooza this weekend, and it is QUIET! I love seeing the way that QD tech is coming to be useful in other applications.

Reef Builders has a good write-up on this: Neptune Systems Launch DOS QD Dosing Pump

Neptune-Systems-DOS-QD-1.png

Have you gotten to see this in action yet? What are your thoughts?
That color scheme is kinda awesome looking!

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a doser and will be ordering one shortly. Really looki g forward to using the dos qd

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool! I have three regular ones, but if I add a fourth, I’ll get this one. The noise doesn’t bother me with the original DŌS though.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 3 DOS units but they are located in my fish room in the basement so are not a huge issue (I do here them upstairs from time to time though). However, I am very happy that Neptune seems to be listening to their customers and taking action to address shortcomings. I am heavily invested in the Neptune ecosystem, and have been for some time. I was going though my "Reef Stuff" the other day looking for something and found some older Neptune modules.
20240510_074133.jpg

However, I have been considering switching to Hydros due to certain Neptune issues. Seeing them trying to improve and address issues makes me feel more comfortable about staying with them. My main issue with Neptune now is the Conductivity probe that has been an issue for them for as long as they have had one. Hydros seems to be trying to find alternative approaches with their HYDROS iV, It would be nice if Neptune would try to come up with a better solution.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noise isn’t an issue with my DOS pumps, but the continuous duty capability of the new pump is interesting, particularly since my masterflex recently went belly up. I wonder if it uses beefier tubing?

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not currently in need of a new doser (just bought one of the F1 Kamoer dosers earlier this year), but I'll probably upgrade to this one when I need new dosers. The Kamoer ones are just fine, but I hate being forced to pull out my phone to program them. Only reason I stayed away from the original DOS was because of the noise, so if these are reliable and quiet, they'll get my next purchase.

afuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll pass been using one as an awc and had the same head fail twice last year causing salinity to rise. I donated it to my trash can

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back