Having a blast but a bit overwhelmed!

sjacobsnc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to hobby. 75Gal, new frags SPS and a few LPS, 6 reef tol fish, 2 LED lights, protein skimmer, 1 Jabao 90 wavemaker. Studying the equipment and set up/placement part while hubby doing more chemistry and water changes. Getting ready to attach my new frags. Bought an Itc Parwise and have been taking values before we attach frags. Few starter questions. Ideal settings for lights ramp up zero to 20 white (although do have a bit of algae prob) and ramp blue from 0 to 100 over first hour, on 10 hours then ramp back down to zero? Wave maker setting currently at 4/10, random. What should I palce my flavia on if toward bottom? How to attach a single branch of purple polyp stylophora? appreciate any guidance. Love these threads.

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Hobby and to Reef2Reef!
What brand are your lights from? You can find some preset setting for some LED companies out there.
Wavemaker power is going to depend on the types of corals you're wanting and where the wave maker is placed/aimed in the tank.
Not sure on the favia as I have never owned one.
Attaching stylophora can be done with a little dollop of coral glue or some types of super glue.
Super Glue Thread - here's another thread of people talking about types of "non reef glue" they use to mount corals.

Do you have some photos you can share of the tank so far?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back