OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that's the point that I started researching how the hell I could build a sump in three pieces to fill my stand. Btw I weld for a living and grew up building houses with my father so I'm a he'll of a craftsman. Anyways. Here's what I came up with I changed the plumbing a couple time after some of these pictures.

Attachments

• 1402504383947.jpg
    1402504383947.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 1402504399893.jpg
    1402504399893.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 1402504415519.jpg
    1402504415519.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was trying to get my crap together I ran across a maxspect nano on ebay for a good price and though heck yah refugium light! My plan was I could use it for over a frag rack down there somewhere. Realized I didn't need the light after a few weeks and have been thinking controller! So I did some research and found I think I like the reef angel unit!

EDM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as someone with a similar sized tank i suggest tongs to move things(ones with rubber grip tips so as not to damage corals) im 6'1" and long arms. Even i have trouble reaching the bottom without a grabber of sorts

but otherwise cool tank !

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162862

So I made this thread. Got some answers from a few people than had someone pm me with a hey I got a RA controller that I'm not using was gonna buy but I mentioned I had this maxspect I didn't need. What do you know. He wanted to do a nano in 90 with a tank he had no light for. Weeeeeee finally something worked in my favor. Guess I was meant to have this controller. Anyways enough of me babbling today I'm off to fedex for this equipment swap!

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as someone with a similar sized tank i suggest tongs to move things(ones with rubber grip tips so as not to damage corals) im 6'1" and long arms. Even i have trouble reaching the bottom without a grabber of sorts

but otherwise cool tank !

Thanks for the advice and yes I have tongs. I am also 6 foot. I stand on a chair and have my arm in the water to my neck to touch the bottom. It's interesting to clean to say the least! Lol.

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm thinking about it. I totally was adding top off water right from my drinking water filter for like a good year before I finally started spending the money on Rodi from the lfs Btw that's on the list to happen soon! Rodi \ saltwater station controller will run ato.

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pay for not using Rodi for so long with algae. Lol

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and out of adding lr from lfs I got some sweet apistasia lol. Added a couple peppermint shrimp they took out a bunch at first but since have been slacking. They hide pretty good I'm sure because my clown trigger I'm sure wants them to be lunch! Pretty sure that dudes gonna go! I'm also pretty sure I got some new growth of cyano going and some red carpet just a bit. From adding the new sand in the refugium. I think once I get this real light on the tank I'm in for a real algae issue based on the fact the rock and sand will be seeing there first real light! I'm okay with that. I have a bonus coming in early July so I'm ordering 100 lbs of rock and will finally be able to scape this thing. While I'm doing that I think I'm gonna pull half the water and drill this thing. Glass hole drain system. Thinking I can remove me skimmer from the sump and use that section as a fish house for two days. I got a small pump I might just use to pump from my return to the fuge and skimmer section ie temp fish holder.

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if any of you guys think I'm crazy for anything I'm doing here pls post I love hearing people's opinions even if I don't agree. I need the help and love criticism. So pls chime in beat me up!

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol started reading some of the stuff I posted today... I am definitely not a grammar major! Typing all this from my phone noticed I had a ton of mistakes in writing but I would assume you guys can understand my broken iowa lanugage!

EDM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any concepts of rock and critters ? we can probably give you a hand with starter fish ideas.

also i just did this cool cave structure for mine using foam and pvc, looks like real rock if you do it right

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna order 100 lbs of reef saver to go in with the garbage rock I have. Think I'm gonna do a few shelfs in there with it. Probably going to drill and pin everything stable. I have a bunch of blue legs, couple peppermint shrimp, fox face rabbit, malanarus wrasse, purple tang and a clown trigger. Probably gonna ditch the clown for another tang. Powder blue I would bet. Than maybe try and mate the malanarus. Also add some more smaller fish. Blennies or clowns Idk.

reefjunkie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to use tap water you are going to have a terrible outcome needless to say

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hoping it won't stick with the tank forever. Been 6 months on rodi

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back