Hello from the high desert!

TheSaltySpitoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have kept reef tanks off and on since 2006. I would love to say that that I've had them the whole way through but life isn't always that kind or predictable. Moving a lot tends to make moving the fishroom difficult. I've worked for my fair share of LFS and aquarium maintenance companies and I am super stoked to see such an active forum all these years after a much too long hiatus from reef keeping.

Now that I've settled down from moving so much I've decided to get back into the hobby. This time I am gonna take it low and slow. Right now I'm in the planning phase for everything.

I'm leaning towards something schmedium sized like a 40 breeder with a similar sized sump/fuge. But I am open to all suggestions. I know that I want it to be a coral focused probably mixed reef (likely LPS dominant tank with softies and trying a couple sps myself for once) with minimal fish and lots of utility inverts.

Thanks for coming along my journey with no definitive time-line :)

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have kept reef tanks off and on since 2006. I would love to say that that I've had them the whole way through but life isn't always that kind or predictable. Moving a lot tends to make moving the fishroom difficult. I've worked for my fair share of LFS and aquarium maintenance companies and I am super stoked to see such an active forum all these years after a much too long hiatus from reef keeping.

Now that I've settled down from moving so much I've decided to get back into the hobby. This time I am gonna take it low and slow. Right now I'm in the planning phase for everything.

I'm leaning towards something schmedium sized like a 40 breeder with a similar sized sump/fuge. But I am open to all suggestions. I know that I want it to be a coral focused probably mixed reef (likely LPS dominant tank with softies and trying a couple sps myself for once) with minimal fish and lots of utility inverts.

I like the 40g range, plenty of room to do things and not a beast.

Attachments

• Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230916_145358_0000.png
    20230916_145358_0000.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 9

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Welcome to R2R and Happy Reefing!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Welcome!

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
TheSaltySpitoon Welcome to the reef. I discovered this forum as it seemed to always come up when I googled a question. Finally joined, then chose to become a supporting member and later a partner member to keep the forum available for others to come. My wife @Ocean_Queenie and I started culturing copepods and phytoplankton eventually selling some on here as a hobbyist. Eventually we decided to try to make a career out of it so we are now sponsors as well. I love the Reef2 Reef community here and the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining us.

OP
OP
TheSaltySpitoon

TheSaltySpitoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TheSaltySpitoon Welcome to the reef. I discovered this forum as it seemed to always come up when I googled a question. Finally joined, then chose to become a supporting member and later a partner member to keep the forum available for others to come. My wife @Ocean_Queenie and I started culturing copepods and phytoplankton eventually selling some on here as a hobbyist. Eventually we decided to try to make a career out of it so we are now sponsors as well. I love the Reef2 Reef community here and the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining us.
That's awesome! How did you two decide on culturing the copepods? did you get a picky dragonet and go down the rabbit hole? I've done that with live foods before when I had a big freshwater fish room.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back