HELP! I don’t think my Blenny is eating.

jaymoe17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So picked up a lawnmower Blenny as my first first in my newly cycled tank. I have attempted to feed him both frozen brine shrimp and Nori but I can’t seem to catch him eating either. I have my nori clipped maybe a little to high but I didn’t think it was an issue.

Is there any other food people would suggest? He was eating Frozen brine shrimp at the store apparently but I can’t get him to eat anything.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has he been in the tank? It can take a little while for him to settle in. Frozen mysis would be a lot more nutritious than the brine.

OP
OP
J

jaymoe17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has he been in the tank? It can take a little while for him to settle in. Frozen mysis would be a lot more nutritious than the brine.
About 4 days which was another thing I was considering as the reason. If I do go the nori route, how far down the side of the tank is acceptable?

ronsonb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a new tank little dude has nothing to eat. Before my tomini terrorized mine and I had to give him to a friend, all he did was pick at the rocks. Never saw him eat anything else.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would attach the nori to a rock, with a rubber band and place it in the bottom of the tank. Do you have any algae growing in the tank? What are the parameters, for a newly cycled tank this can be the issue. I would still try going with the mysis.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari Seaweed Extreme pellets

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 80 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back