Help me ID these things, please!

NJReefer2023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I’m brand new here, and was hoping you all could help me. I inherited this 15+ year-old, 225+ gallon tank with a home I moved into last fall, and have been trying to bring it back to health. Luckily it has been thriving the last few months with help from a trusted advisor, but even he has not been able to identify a couple of things I have seen. If anyone knows what these are, or where I can find out, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

IMG_2034.jpeg IMG_2036.jpeg

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one is an anemone, possibly either a rock flower anemone, or a Borneman's Anemone. The second one is most likely hydroids, and should be removed if so.

OP
OP
N

NJReefer2023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long have they been there?
Pink/green one is unclear, at least since before last fall, since I just moved in last September.

The fuzzy ones have been slowly growing for a number of years, according to the person who maintains the tank for me— he was the one who put it together over 15 years ago, but he didn’t know what they were, only that they were slow growing and didn’t seem to hurt anyone.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back