Help Me

NewBeeMommy1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my fish have started to drop dead.....checked everything all test right on target.....so heres the deal...1st to go down yellow tailed dam, next royal gramme,,now my clown looks like he's been roughed up...like a film of white all over...still eats anything in the tank....ive had the same fish for like 6months no new changes..other than coral....torch, green stars, and waving hands........:sad:i think i'm gonna cry...ok i already did....but help before i go nuts.....and im pretty sure the gramme's dead havent seen him in 3 days.....nowhere in there

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As with all of these types of questions, it's much easier to help if you provide us with specific information, i.e., tank size, filtration, how long has the tank been set up, any recent changes in the system or maintenance, etc. Did you recently add some live rock? stir up the sand? What do you use as a water source. When you say "all test right on target," give us the specific test results--ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, pH, specific gravity, temp. Are the fish breathing normally or are they hanging out at the water surface or in front of the returns? Are they scrubbing on rocks/sand? Did you add all of the fish at once or over a period of time? Are the fish dead and you're finding the bodies or are they disappearing, suggesting you have a mantis shrimp hiding in a rock. Just casting about for possibilities.
Gary

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 78 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back