Help! Nem is being so weird.

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there so I have had my tank for just under 9months, I grew up with salt water tanks and after moving away from home i finally got my own, my father never kept nems and I am starting to feel like I should have done the same, I got a new nem for my tank she is beautiful white with purple dots on her tentacles, but after adding her to the tank she would rush off the rocks and lie upside down on the sand I had a cute sea shell in the tank that I just loved the look of and when I woke up this morning she was inside of it but I have seen some tentacles floating in the tank and it seems my shrimp has taken a bit of a weird liking to her and is possibly hurting her, what should I do? noting that the shop I got her from delivered her and tested my waters for me as he lives down the road and always lends a hand as I’m not the smartest cooking in the jar. He said my waters were great and good for her.

IMG_4102.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sebae is a sand dwelling nem so placing it in a shell is not going work and it’s bleached. Proper lighting/parameters and it should bounce back

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sebae is a sand dwelling nem so placing it in a shell is not going work and it’s bleached. Proper lighting/parameters and it should bounce back
Is it bleached? I see the purple tips on the nem. I thought that this nem is supposed to look like this. Anything that makes it look bleached that I am missing?

JustJoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it bleached? I see the purple tips on the nem. I thought that this nem is supposed to look like this. Anything that makes it look bleached that I am missing?
I'm not sure, but mine is a pale greenish color, purple tips. where the light hits her, she is more off whitish yellow/beige. I would worry more about her tentacles being detached than her color. How is she doing now?

OP
OP
A

aqua-alien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure, but mine is a pale greenish color, purple tips. where the light hits her, she is more off whitish yellow/beige. I would worry more about her tentacles being detached than her color. How is she doing now?
Sadly my nem did not make it, the gent I got her from came to check and he took her out and then we had to do a bunch of water changes and level checks to get the tanks levels right and after the nem had died my other corals started to have problems, but thankfully after a lot of doctoring and checking the tank a lot of my corals are back to normal and doing okay again, fish are healthy aswell.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly my nem did not make it, the gent I got her from came to check and he took her out and then we had to do a bunch of water changes and level checks to get the tanks levels right and after the nem had died my other corals started to have problems, but thankfully after a lot of doctoring and checking the tank a lot of my corals are back to normal and doing okay again, fish are healthy aswell.
Sorry. Glad everything else is okay.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back