Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what it used to look like :(
I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong, everything else in the tank is happy as can be.
I really need help from some experts, maybe some people didn't realize how drastic this was.
Old memory.jpg

mrjlopez731

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's one big change in color, size and texture. It was beautiful but has lost a lot. I can't give any advice because I have none, all I can say is hope things work out in the end and that someone here can give you the answers your looking for.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's one big change in color, size and texture. It was beautiful but has lost a lot. I can't give any advice because I have none, all I can say is hope things work out in the end and that someone here can give you the answers your looking for.
I moved it today and lowered the temp, it didn't change colour obviously, not that fast, but it inflated the same way.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't wanna resurrect an old thread, but wanted to update the recovery process.
Colours ahven't gotten much better, but the scolys health has made a comeback. No feeder tentacles yet, but it's mouth looks healthy again (it's puffy, and doesn't just look like a hole in the middle of the scoly)
I figured out for sure that the problem was over feeding, I saw it's inside when it opened it's mouth and saw it's skeleton but it's tissue is back :D

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know it is getting better. Get the fauna marina pallet and it will feed like a champ

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a cleaner shrimp, hermits, etc? Crustaceans will steal food from spot fed LPS or outright gut them. I lost several scolyies that I was feeding regularly. They slowly stopped eating and appeared to be starving. I finally figured out that my ***hole cleaner shrimp was making the rounds after I spot fed (every single time, except when molting). The cleaner shrimp was fed heavily everyday, twice a day, to prevent such a thing from happening, but he had an insatiable appetite. So, in spite of my efforts to keep the scolyies well feed, they starved to death. I felt really stupid and ashamed not to have figured it out before such beautiful creatures had wasted away. I re-homed the shrimp and bought three new scolyies. I've had them between six and eight months, and I feed them every other day (night), heavily, with PE mysis or finely chopped shrimp or lobster tail. One has doubled in size and the other two are not far behind.

My tank temp is 79-80. Your temp sounds high for scolyies. Also, mine are under LEDs with 120 degree optics, in the darkest part of the tank. Like Sexyguy (Mike?), I have found that scolyies are not too fond of LEDs.

ReefBuzz

Spreader of reef news
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey is there an update on this? I'm going through the same issue on 2 scolys. Never had a problem like this before so trying to trouble shoot.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back