Help w/ Yellow Watchman

nfazio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone -

I purchased a YMG a few weeks back and he went missing shortly after placing into my DT. I assumed the worst.

Surprisingly today, I was cleaning out some Chaeto in my sump and found him alive. Not sure how it survived the overflow, drain pipes, and filter sock chamber...

I got it out but he/she has some discoloration and some brown banding (looks like bruising) internally - see picture. Once back in my DT it swam around for about 30mins before swimming up to the overflow and getting stuck against the slots from the flow of water. I was able to quickly grab a breeder container which is where it is now.

Hoping someone can offer some advice to help him recover and adjust back to the DT. Anyway to identify what the banding is? Recommendations for food? Should I get another container and add some sand for it or setup separate quarantine tank?

Appreciate any/all feedback!

thank you....

7F9F5C9C-2832-4714-BDB9-9970DFC7694A.jpeg

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be changing sex, female tend to turn grey in coloration and seems to start in bands like yours. It could also be nutrition deficit. Take a look at this thread someone had the same issue were their YWG ended up in the sump for some time and turn grey in color but with proper nutrition went back to bright yellow. Good luck keep us posted.

Yellow watchman goby no longer yellow | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back