[HELP] What is this? Bump on fish mouth.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Jay, I didn't upload any more photos right before he passed. But that whole right side was swollen, Gill closed shut, eye popped out, mouth swollen (couldn't shut), and looked dark red. And it all started from a little under the skin bump. What could that have been?

At this point, it could have been a systemic bacterial infection. Those can be tough to treat....external dosing in the water may not get down to the infection, and oral antibiotics are REALLY difficult to dose properly.

Jay

OP
OP
CallMeLloyd

CallMeLloyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I have lost both clownfish, royal gramma, and emerald crab. The only thing I have in the tank at the moment is an Emerald crab & a few snails. After I lost the male clownfish, a few days later I lost the royal, and this morning I lost the other female clown. It would start out like some sort of infection or something, then white stuff would start to appear. The last clownfish looked like it might have had ich towards the end. But looked like it might have been flukes at the beginning. I kept doing my readings and nothing was off, but up until this past week I have been getting 0 Nitrate readings without WC. Why am I not getting Nitrate readings?

My plan:

Keeping feeding food pellets daily and do every other day readings and watch for Nitrates. Not going to be adding anything else to the tank for at least a month. I guess keep doing my weekly WC.

All feedback is appreciated.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I have lost both clownfish, royal gramma, and emerald crab. The only thing I have in the tank at the moment is an Emerald crab & a few snails. After I lost the male clownfish, a few days later I lost the royal, and this morning I lost the other female clown. It would start out like some sort of infection or something, then white stuff would start to appear. The last clownfish looked like it might have had ich towards the end. But looked like it might have been flukes at the beginning. I kept doing my readings and nothing was off, but up until this past week I have been getting 0 Nitrate readings without WC. Why am I not getting Nitrate readings?

My plan:

Keeping feeding food pellets daily and do every other day readings and watch for Nitrates. Not going to be adding anything else to the tank for at least a month. I guess keep doing my weekly WC.

All feedback is appreciated.
Sorry, I was working off your 6/6 post where you said you just had a pair of clowns in the tank.
The emerald crab loss may just be a coincidence, they won’t catch fish diseases.
Nitrates aren’t the issue, that won’t cause symptoms like this….or it could be an ammonia issue.
The best way forward is to hold the tank with no fish for at least six weeks, and then buy pre quarantined fish.
Jay

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back