Help with Aquatic Life 48" six bulb T5

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquatic Life 48" six bulb T5. It has three channels. So the timer is not working great. Channel two will turn on and off with the timer. Channel one will turn off with it. Channel 3 I do not use. I'd like to use the light with an external timer. The thing is that if the timer shuts off then channel 1 does not turn on when the external timer turns the fixture back on. The channels turn on and off fine with their buttons. I'd like to just turn ch 1 & 2 on and let the external timer shut them off and on. Is there a way to bypass some wiring to make this happen? Also my clock changes time throughout the day. Today it lost two hours. Yesterday it lost ten hours So I'd like to just use the buttonns and my own timer. But once power is cut channel 1 will not turn back in until its button is pressed.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know 5 yrs ago you could get a replacement circuit board for control pad , common to go bad ,cheap easy fix
not sure if you can still get them , good luck

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back