Help with flow videos 75g

dustynavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a 75-gallon tank that has been set up for a year now. I am still learning a lot and thought I would ask all of you if my flow looks good. The video of the corals are ones that you can see swaying. Thank you for any advice.

Power heads:

Aqueon 950 in the bottom back corner 7 inches up and 2 inch in

Hydor smart wave pump controller connected to
-2 x hydor koralia 2450 gph third generation wave pump( they definitely don't push out that much) on alternating times pointed at each other on opposite short sides of the tank 5-5.5 inches down and pointed up towards the surface.

Sorry for the all blue. This was in the morning before the white comes on.

Attachments

• Timeline 1.mov
    50 MB
  • Timeline 2.mov
    49.4 MB
  • Timeline 3.mov
    29.9 MB
  • Timeline 4.mov
    39.1 MB
  • Timeline 5.mov
    32.4 MB
  • Timeline 6.mov
    26.1 MB
  • Timeline 7.mov
    37.3 MB
  • Timeline 8.mov
    30.3 MB
  • Timeline 9.mov
    41.4 MB
Last edited:

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos' are a little tough to view - you have to download them first. This may, or may not work well on a mobile device.

With that said, i did download a few of them - Timeline 1, 4 and 8

In the first one, the flow looks OK on the left side of you tank, but not enough on the rights - Overall it could a lot more movement

in the other to videos, you can see the current moving a bit, but again, it looks like you could use more, and it seems very directional

In the first video, I see you have what looks like the return line on the back glass that looks like its tucked downwards. Maybe consider removing some of the segments form that, and bringing them, more forward.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dustynavy

dustynavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos' are a little tough to view - you have to download them first. This may, or may not work well on a mobile device.

In the first one, the flow looks OK on the left side of you tank, but not enough on the rights - Overall it could a lot more movement

in the other to videos, you can see the current moving a bit, but again, it looks like you could use more, and it seems very directional

In the first video, I see you have what looks like the return line on the back glass that looks like its tucked downwards. Maybe consider removing some of the segments form that, and bringing them, more forward.
Ok thank you. I tried again to upload a different way

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dustynavy

dustynavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Tube link to video playlist for My reef flow. Hopefully, one way works for you guys

Thank you again for your help

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dustynavy

dustynavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok, thank you very much. I will shorten the return nozzle and point them forward. I think the power head on the bottom causes the water to move around the back of the rocks and then go toward the right after it hits the other side. Maybe this is causing the directional flow.

Upvote 0

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you very much. I will shorten the return nozzle and point them forward. I think the power head on the bottom causes the water to move around the back of the rocks and then go toward the right after it hits the other side. Maybe this is causing the directional flow.
What size pump are you running on your return?

Adding a one or two Random Flow Generator Nozzles (depending on flow rate) could certainly help to wake up the flow in the tank

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dustynavy

dustynavy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size pump are you running on your return?

Adding a one or two Random Flow Generator Nozzles (depending on flow rate) could certainly help to wake up the flow in the tank
IMG_4891.png

It is this pump here. That is a good idea.

Upvote 0

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found your product on Amazon.
Yeah, i think a few of our resellers offer our limited selection of our products. For you, based on your pump size, you could run dual 1/2in RFG if this is an all-in-one tank, meaning the sump is built in the back. if it as an external sump, then that pump may be a little weak to drive dual 1/2in RFGs - it would still work, but may be not as strong as you might want.

Either way - the modular hose in your tank doesn't look like genuine Loc-line brand hose, but it should be directly compatible with our 1//2in Flex-Series RFGs non the less.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back