Help with my aquarium parameters

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are my aquarium parameters too high if so how can I bring them down.

Salinity 1.025
Temp 76

Tank is about 6 months old

IMG_7630.jpeg

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 months old is quite young. Did you start with already live rock and already established water? Another thing: How are the fish and corals in your tank doing (if you have any)? If they thrive, why change it? What kind of salt do you use? Often these salts aren't just salt, but mixed with elements and trace elements as well. If these values would be lower than your magnesium for example, you could do a 30% water change. If you have bacteria which feed on your ammonia and nitrite, do not worry about that too much, especially nitrite. This is only deadly in very high concentration in saltwater. It's freshwater where low amounts are dangerous.

OP
OP
ravalos2282

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 months old is quite young. Did you start with already live rock and already established water? Another thing: How are the fish and corals in your tank doing (if you have any)? If they thrive, why change it? What kind of salt do you use? Often these salts aren't just salt, but mixed with elements and trace elements as well. If these values would be lower than your magnesium for example, you could do a 30% water change. If you have bacteria which feed on your ammonia and nitrite, do not worry about that too much, especially nitrite. This is only deadly in very high concentration in saltwater. It's freshwater where low amounts are dangerous.
I started with

One 10lb live rock
2 dead rock
Live sand

Media
Ceramic rings
Bio ceramic balls
- 2 months into cycle
Gfo
Carbon

Fish on tank size 1-2”
2 clowns