Help with programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mofebubi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I would to have some virtual outlets to do the following.
1.- I want that my skimmer stops for cleaning during 15 minutes when the vo is on.
2.- I want that if add bacteria or coral food if stops during 3 hours once I activate the vo
3.- I want that my skimmer, heater and return pump stops during 45 minutes for sump cleaning when i activate the vo
My problem comes when I want to mix all these functions in my skimmer code. (All together)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the existing feed A/B/C/D.

Set them each to the desired length of time, and you’re set.

Alternatively you can do this via virtual outlets, and trigger them with physical buttons using an Adaptive Reef switch box.

OP
OP
M

mofebubi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the existing feed A/B/C/D.

Set them each to the desired length of time, and you’re set.

Alternatively you can do this via virtual outlets, and trigger them with physical buttons using an Adaptive Reef switch box.
Hello, could you explain me how to set them up with vo and using the tiles in the dashboard?

charlieborg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 6 Way Apex Switch Toggle Box - Adaptive Reef. I got the toggles (1,6) to cut off all pumps and skimmer if I have problems. Thanks for the help on those on here! I have tried to set up the momentary push buttons for feed modes. I hate trying to find my cell when I want to feed. How do I set them up? I checked out the Apex programming guide here, but it doesn't go into this. Is it even possible?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 6 Way Apex Switch Toggle Box - Adaptive Reef. I got the toggles (1,6) to cut off all pumps and skimmer if I have problems. Thanks for the help on those on here! I have tried to set up the momentary push buttons for feed modes. I hate trying to find my cell when I want to feed. How do I set them up? I checked out the Apex programming guide here, but it doesn't go into this. Is it even possible?

Did you read the adaptive reef instructions? It describes how to trigger a feed mode using a momentary button.

You first create a advanced virtual outlet, for example named “FeedTime” with:

Set Off
If SW2 closed then on,
Defer 5 then off

Make sure that outlet is set to Auto, and you can adjust the switch number and time as needed. Then, on any device you want to turn off during this period, add “If output FeedTime = on then off”.

charlieborg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read it, but I stopped when it was doing an auto-feed set up. Does work if you just want it to put pumps in feed mode only when you push it?

I just added your code to my FeedMode virtual outlet. Hope this works.

charlieborg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out one of my problems, I wasn't holding the momentary switch in long enough! Now it's working like it should!
I do have one question, Should Sw2 be highlighted in white? Would this mean the switch is bad or not reading?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out one of my problems, I wasn't holding the momentary switch in long enough! Now it's working like it should!
I do have one question, Should Sw2 be highlighted in white? Would this mean the switch is bad or not reading?

Yes, you do need to hold it for like 2 seconds to trigger.

Can you post a screenshot of your concern? Advanced coding highlights valid terms. If it uploads with no error message, it is typically fine.

charlieborg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, When I open the top of Fusion, All the switches show up except 2. When I did the code for that switch, it showed up highlighted in white. I don't want to mess with my coding since I have worked on it for hours to get it to work. When I saved it earlier, it would save ok, then when I went back into it. Sw2 was gone? I'm thinking the switch is not good.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, When I open the top of Fusion, All the switches show up except 2. When I did the code for that switch, it showed up highlighted in white. I don't want to mess with my coding since I have worked on it for hours to get it to work. When I saved it earlier, it would save ok, then when I went back into it. Sw2 was gone? I'm thinking the switch is not good.

Switches do not disappear, or go “not good”. This is just user error. If SW2 is white, it means you named the switch something else (So it is not SW2 anymore). Check your System View to see a list of switch inputs.

This should take 2 minutes, not hours. Perhaps submit a ticket to Neptune and they can set to a call to go over setup with you.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back