Help with skimmer. And help with foam in my sump

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a pic, there may be a plate your missing.
Looks like it may fit right under the white cover for securing. The screw is not that long.

Screenshot_20240425_182035_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
heelanjeffrey85

heelanjeffrey85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry I haven't replied I've been so busy at work I'm a mechanic and my boss works the heck outta me
So the skimmer has been off. Because Im still having same issues . So I turn the black plastic screw up or down and it hasn't changed any of the air intake. I turned the knob for water level down . And it just over flows so much. Now I tried it in 3" of water and 8" . In 8" it just shoots water strait up and out fast and in 3" it makes it so foamy the bubbles push the cap off. It was so bad the water hit my electrical socket and it shocked me. Scared the crap out of me. Omg. Lol. I am at the point of throwing this skimmer at the wall. I'm upset for the amount I paid and I think it's defective.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry I haven't replied I've been so busy at work I'm a mechanic and my boss works the heck outta me
So the skimmer has been off. Because Im still having same issues . So I turn the black plastic screw up or down and it hasn't changed any of the air intake. I turned the knob for water level down . And it just over flows so much. Now I tried it in 3" of water and 8" . In 8" it just shoots water strait up and out fast and in 3" it makes it so foamy the bubbles push the cap off. It was so bad the water hit my electrical socket and it shocked me. Scared the crap out of me. Omg. Lol. I am at the point of throwing this skimmer at the wall. I'm upset for the amount I paid and I think it's defective.
Sounds like you're pumping too much water into it. If it's a DC pump, you can turn the controller down.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a a/c . It just plugs right in to the outlet . No controller. Is there a voltage regulator or dimmer switch that I could use possibly from home Depot?
Best bet is open the gate. Open the exit gate, less water inside the unit. Less foam.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO elite was doing the same thing. I had to turn the DC pump way down and almost completely restrict the air for the first several weeks to get it to break in. After that I gradually opened the air incrementally... It is good now but for a minute thought for sure something was wrong w/skimmer

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - Open the outlet for the water all the way.
2 - Take off the air inlet from the venturi.
3 - Put the skimmer in the recommended water height.
4- Start the pump & set the water level inside the skimmer to the right height.
5 - Reconnect the air inlet hose.
6 - Fine tune the water level to the recommended height inside the skimmer by using the water outlet & air adjustment. Do this one @ a time to find a balance.
My skimmer runs best @ about 1/2 open on the air adjustment, yours could be different .
This should get you running but there still could be some adjusting needed.

OP
OP
heelanjeffrey85

heelanjeffrey85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 - Open the outlet for the water all the way.
2 - Take off the air inlet from the venturi.
3 - Put the skimmer in the recommended water height.
4- Start the pump & set the water level inside the skimmer to the right height.
5 - Reconnect the air inlet hose.
6 - Fine tune the water level to the recommended height inside the skimmer by using the water outlet & air adjustment. Do this one @ a time to find a balance.
My skimmer runs best @ about 1/2 open on the air adjustment, yours could be different .
This should get you running but there still could be some adjusting need
Sorry today is my day off of work so I finally am getting close. I removed the hose and it stopped over flowing I adjusted the water gate and it started producing good brown waste. When I re connected the hose it instly started over flowing again. I'm starting to wonder if that part is bad or something wrong . Everything you say to do works flawless in the steps. Just the one part once I connect it instly bugs out could it be clogged ?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry today is my day off of work so I finally am getting close. I removed the hose and it stopped over flowing I adjusted the water gate and it started producing good brown waste. When I re connected the hose it instly started over flowing again. I'm starting to wonder if that part is bad or something wrong . Everything you say to do works flawless in the steps. Just the one part once I connect it instly bugs out could it be clogged ?
Which hose connected bugs it out? The air line?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back