Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 20 cube AIO reef tank for about 6 months now. I lost of ton of coral during hurricane Idalia and lost a few others to a pest crab, so I picked up a couple of softie frags from a local wholesaler to replace my losses. I picked up 6 zoas/paly frags, an Australian finger leather, a Kenya tree, a cabbage leather, a sympodium, and some Xenia. I also picked up a duncan frag, and he gave me a second bleached one for free. It's been about 24 hours since I mounted the coral and everything seems great (except for the one paly that was destroyed by a crab) but I have some questions. Why are some zoas opening but others are not even within the same colony? How is the Xenia already bigger than yesterday (does it really grow that fast)? Is the Kenya tree supposed to be retracted and bent over while it is adjusting or is it in the wrong flow/light? Why did the cabbage leather shed a bunch of slime everywhere? The sympodium looked much more colorful in the store; will it brighten up in my tank? If the non-bleached duncan is only opening near the end of the day when the lights are low, does that mean it's getting too much light? Sorry for the questions, I'm still new to all this.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back