Hmmm, what to do???

Chowder3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Pompus;Pompus;Pompus;Pompus;Pompus

I have always wanted a saltwater tank but just never committed I guess. They are stunning!!! Well now I am ready but I think I need to hear the good and the bad. Don't get me wrong I am so ready to do this - no matter how much work it is. I have no knowledge at all on a saltwater system but am open to everything so I am literally just shopping around to decide what size tank do I even want?!? Starting from a cube tank to a 100+ gallon. Then following all the proper steps. It is good to see a lot of "How to" videos online. When I was small my dad had a 100+ gallon freshwater tank and that was his baby. It sounds like saltwater is going to be more work than that. For that reason, I just would like to get as many opinions about your thoughts on Saltwater tanks. Especially for a beginner.......the good and the not so good.

I hope you all are having a great Friday. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully I hear from you.

Chow!

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it!

No better way to start than putting some rocks in a warm tub of saltwater with a heater, a powerhead, and a dead shrimp.
Then plan til your heart's content while your rocks come to life nearly unattended.

619Wac1Kf0L._AC_SX450_.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Dr. Phil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The biggest downside to the hobby is that my tanks are never big enough! Lol I'm always looking at a larger tank thinking that I should upgrade.

On a serious not the hobby is very fulfilling and can be as expensive as you want it to be. However, there are also many opportunities to purchased new/used equipment on the forum or from local reefers at significant discounts.

Always take it slow and research anything that you plan to do. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

Best of luck and happy reefing!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back