Holiday theme corals

leekly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love the holiday themed corals like the jack o lantern lepto. However, I don’t really see too many other corals that also have this type of holiday theme, being either Christmas/Halloween. Would love to hear what others recommend.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around most big Holidays WWC usually names some of the one off Vics Picks colonies holiday themed names... Stuff like Grinch Scoly or Bleeding Heart Acantho... Candy Corn something or another... Etc...

OP
OP
L

leekly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jingle Bells Cyphastrea
ORA Easter Egg Chalice
Absolutely love the jingle bells cyphastrea. I’ve got a few cyphastrea in a little corner of my tank, and I think the jingle bells would look great with the rest. Absolutely love that recommendation! Love the look of that Easter egg chalice, but chalices have always concerned me a little with how aggressive they can be. How fast is growth rate on the Easter Egg?

OP
OP
L

leekly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t think? I do have a Halloween Crab :grimacing-face:
Oh wowwww Halloween crabs look super cool. I used to have an emerald crab in my tank, but quickly had to get rid of him as he was snacking on my Walt Disney acro and all of my other digi’s. How are Halloween crabs in reef tanks? Want to avoid that emerald crab nightmare as much as possible hahah.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love the jingle bells cyphastrea. I’ve got a few cyphastrea in a little corner of my tank, and I think the jingle bells would look great with the rest. Absolutely love that recommendation! Love the look of that Easter egg chalice, but chalices have always concerned me a little with how aggressive they can be. How fast is growth rate on the Easter Egg?
Easter egg chalice seemed to be a moderate to slow grower for me Overtook it's frag plug after about 5 months or so? Faster than other chalices I had but not as fast as the mummy eye I have now. Unfortunately I lost the easter egg due to some issues and never replaced it.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DCC279E4-CB08-45C0-B011-EFB979E81E68.jpeg

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa's are a great for this theme. This is an old pic I have when a couple of my zoa's blended together. This was from my aquarium before I reset it. Maybe you can go this route.
DSC_5294_2.jpg

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another old pic from the frag tank of xmas based coral. One of my favorites.
DSC_5780_1.jpg

OP
OP
L

leekly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easter egg chalice seemed to be a moderate to slow grower for me Overtook it's frag plug after about 5 months or so? Faster than other chalices I had but not as fast as the mummy eye I have now. Unfortunately I lost the easter egg due to some issues and never replaced it.
Good to know. The Hollywood stunner in my tank grows like a weed, so I’d rather avoid another chalice that grows like crazy. Truly sad that you can’t have multiple chalices next to one another. There’s so many I’d love to put in my tank, but it seems I’m restricted to one or two more with my rock space.

OP
OP
L

leekly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa's are a great for this theme. This is an old pic I have when a couple of my zoa's blended together. This was from my aquarium before I reset it. Maybe you can go this route.
DSC_5294_2.jpg
Holy crap! Those colors go crazy together. What are the dark blue with pink rings called? Glad you brought up zoa groupings, really can never get enough of them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back