How many Radion XR30W G4 Pros

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the wattage on the light. Look at the maximum wattage draw on the EB832. Do the math. Party.

No real need to have the radions on the eb832 anyway, given they have wireless control.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the wattage on the light. Look at the maximum wattage draw on the EB832. Do the math. Party.

No real need to have the radions on the eb832 anyway, given they have wireless control.
I agree with this, I used the wxm module to control them wirelessly and saved the energy bar for other things.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon my ignorance as I didn't know..........................Thanks for the replies.

You COULD plug them into the apex bar, but you would not benefit much. You do not turn Radions “On” or “Off” like a regular device. You program a schedule, and the light will follow it. You can program radions using USB, the apex WXM module, or the ecotech reeflink.

The only “benefit” you would get from using the apex bar in that way is that you could see how much power they are using.

OP
OP
xabo

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted to free up some outlets and I have a unused EB 8 available.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i had an unused eb8 then i would plug the radions in for the heck of it, see what wattage is coming out, but like said above, no need if using the wxm module.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The idea behind the energy bar is to consolidate and control items of importance. Do to the fact heaters, return pumps, wavemakers and lights are the most important items, the op has actually a good point. Regardless if they are wireless (it’s a mute point anyway). The reason I say this is if the power goes out, they are not so much wireless.
I have seen others, experience that when the power goes off, they simple do not return to their normal schedule. (Yes I’m aware the energy bar loses power also, but it also will always turn back on afterwards that part is almost certain).

Of those I have helped none of them have returned to their normal schedules, they have to be set up. With them plugged into the energy bar, you could at least turn them on. As I say this, those that had own schedules etc when the power failed and then csme back on, most didn’t even turn on. This way he could at least force them to turn on, (which is also a risk because they could be too strong etc).

His idea is actually a good idea, but with any idea their are pros and cons. With that said, yes I know these have battery backups (if you spend about another 1,000 dollars for all of them). In my lab experiments with these lights (sorry to say) they were not very reliable and more of a headache to operate. They are good lights when they work, but are too automated and relie too much on reeflink.

I’d also like to say (Yes throw eggs at me) that he asked an honest question. This is one of the most friendly forums, but wow I can’t believe some of the responses. He asked a simple question, that he didn’t know. For all of those who asked a simple question when you didn’t know, 99% people were nice. Yes not everyone knows everything when it comes to lights and reefing etc, this is why we come on here.

For those who are experts with these lights (Yes I used them for experiments, but choose a different led for my own reasons), maybe help him out or at least explain in more detail his options. For as many times as our lab lost power, over 80% of the time, we had to completely reset these lights up. It didn’t matter that they were wireless, they didn’t reconnect, or the program was lost, or wouldn’t connect to reeflink, etc. we had far more issues with these lights when the power failed then we did with just normal leds. At least they turned back on, and literally went back to the same thing because they didn’t relie on reeflink and or wifi.

Sincerely
Sarah

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The idea behind the energy bar is to consolidate and control items of importance. Do to the fact heaters, return pumps, wavemakers and lights are the most important items, the op has actually a good point. Regardless if they are wireless (it’s a mute point anyway). The reason I say this is if the power goes out, they are not so much wireless.
I have seen others, experience that when the power goes off, they simple do not return to their normal schedule. (Yes I’m aware the energy bar loses power also, but it also will always turn back on afterwards that part is almost certain).

Of those I have helped none of them have returned to their normal schedules, they have to be set up. With them plugged into the energy bar, you could at least turn them on. As I say this, those that had own schedules etc when the power failed and then csme back on, most didn’t even turn on. This way he could at least force them to turn on, (which is also a risk because they could be too strong etc).

His idea is actually a good idea, but with any idea their are pros and cons. With that said, yes I know these have battery backups (if you spend about another 1,000 dollars for all of them). In my lab experiments with these lights (sorry to say) they were not very reliable and more of a headache to operate. They are good lights when they work, but are too automated and relie too much on reeflink.

I’d also like to say (Yes throw eggs at me) that he asked an honest question. This is one of the most friendly forums, but wow I can’t believe some of the responses. He asked a simple question, that he didn’t know. For all of those who asked a simple question when you didn’t know, 99% people were nice. Yes not everyone knows everything when it comes to lights and reefing etc, this is why we come on here.

For those who are experts with these lights (Yes I used them for experiments, but choose a different led for my own reasons), maybe help him out or at least explain in more detail his options. For as many times as our lab lost power, over 80% of the time, we had to completely reset these lights up. It didn’t matter that they were wireless, they didn’t reconnect, or the program was lost, or wouldn’t connect to reeflink, etc. we had far more issues with these lights when the power failed then we did with just normal leds. At least they turned back on, and literally went back to the same thing because they didn’t relie on reeflink and or wifi.

Sincerely
Sarah
I have never had an issue in 2 years with power off and radions returning to their schedule, if he has the extra eb8 then it can’t hurt to use it, but as I recommended The wxm module will give a lot more control over the radions.

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did was take a power strip and put all my ecotech lights and pumps on it. I then took that one plug and connected to the eb832. Labeled ecotech.

Again not needed but good to see the consumption

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did was take a power strip and put all my ecotech lights and pumps on it. I then took that one plug and connected to the eb832. Labeled ecotech.

How many? :)

OP
OP
xabo

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Was thinking of using power strip also.

Back