How much PO4 is high level?

Tripod1404

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if we speak about LPS?
Which LPS specifically? Most fleshy types of LPS won’t get better color by reducing nutrients (granted they are not browned out). At best they will get more translucent.

OP
OP
M

MiZuboov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate over 0.9
Nitrates 52

Edit: I feel like I should provide some insight.

It's clear that corals don't mind the elevated nutrients, it seems that the reason for people shouting N and P need to be low, is to keep algae at bay. But I tend to look at a tank with overgrown algae and say, "you don't have an algae problem, you have a herbivore problem" meaning you don't have enough herbivores to keep algae down.

Should you strive for lower nutrients? Depends, if your tank is still new, then you want to monitor and maybe control, but as it matures and you have adequate herbivore population, then why fight it?

It's better to allow your tank to find its natural balance than having to constantly add some chemical to lower/raise a parameter.

I reread your message and I don't understand... Why aren't my corals growing?
I also have high N and P, but the rest of the parameters are normal (ICP test). I only dose All for reef and all parameters are normal. Except N and P. I sinned into the light, but then I put on the Radion XE 30 Pro G5 and nothing got better at all.
Yes, some corals grow, but, for example, the Montipora, which reefers are growing quickly in very large plates, has not grown at all in six months! I decided to add more white light, let's see what happens...
At the same time, the heads of some Euphyllias periodically die off, they do not always open completely.
Cyphastrea, gonioporas, leptastreas, zoanthus are doing well and even growing.
But, for example, favites does not grow at all. The micromussa does not grow at all. Blastomussa Wellsii is not growing. The fungia is not growing. The only thing that grows well is a green plate with yellow mouths. But at the same time, other chalices - purple with yellow mouths and echinopora - doesn't grow at all. I don't understand what they lack for growth. Maybe I'm dosing low on trace elements? But the ICP test says that everything is fine...
Last test is so (ocean in the brackets):
dKh I'm keeping 10,2-10,5..
Na 10,1 (10,5)
Cl 18,6 (19,5)
Salinity 33,5 (30-40)
Mg 1260 (1300)
Ca 400 (410)
K 405 (380)
Br 66 (66)
Sr 7,8 (8)
B 4 (4,6)
SiO2 364 (2900)
PO4 0,7 (0,09)
Li 160 (180)
Al 33 (1) - GFO??
Ba 110 (21)
Fe <20 (3,4)
Mn 0,34 (0,4)
I 82 (60)
Cu <5 (0,9)
Zn 17 (2)
Co 0,16 (0,37)
Ni 0,5 (6,6)
Rb 92 (120)
As 6,7 (2,6)
Cd 0,16 (0,11)
Hg <0,5 (0,15)
Pb <0,5 (0,03)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why aren't my corals growing?
That's the billion dollar question most hobbyists wrestle with.

There's a lot more to it than sending in water samples and gaging the results.

I can tell you that the eye opening moment for me was when I turned my attention to pH. My tanks average was well below 8.00. And although I could keep corals alive, I couldn't see much growth.

Now that I maintain ~8.30 24/7, everything turned around.

Screenshot_20240503_140542_APEXFusion.jpg

I'm not saying that's the sole reason for my personal success. There's so much more to it that can't be learned by reading posts, believing marketing and listening to influencers. You have to learn through experience.

Even my oversimplification of "it's pH" can get you in trouble. If someone tells you this is easy, you should squint and tilt your head at everything else they say.

OP
OP
M

MiZuboov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the billion dollar question most hobbyists wrestle with.

There's a lot more to it than sending in water samples and gaging the results.

I can tell you that the eye opening moment for me was when I turned my attention to pH. My tanks average was well below 8.00. And although I could keep corals alive, I couldn't see much growth.

Now that I maintain ~8.30 24/7, everything turned around.

Screenshot_20240503_140542_APEXFusion.jpg

I'm not saying that's the sole reason for my personal success. There's so much more to it that can't be learned by reading posts, believing marketing and listening to influencers. You have to learn through experience.

Even my oversimplification of "it's pH" can get you in trouble. If someone tells you this is easy, you should squint and tilt your head at everything else they say.
Okay! I will do pH test more precisely.
How to increase the pH? More effective skimmer, oxydator, algae filter?)
How do you increase your pH?
Thanks a lot!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back