OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread died a while ago but im curious how things turned out for you @arman. Did you end up having to dose NO3 and P04?
Sorry because of the delay.I am out of reef world for about a year because of some problems.But before I sold all of my reefs except some Anemones I had, I dosed nitrate and phosphate.
And I have to say that it's about one year that I haven't any water changes or I haven't dosed anything to the tank.The RO filters are not doing well and it's about 6 months that I'm using fresh water with 150 TDS:(.I tested the parameters and saw that there is almost no nutrient and I was surprised.The anemones I have are growing and during this year they have produced and now I have 7 anemones(they are about to duplicate in number:)).

puffer420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting tread! I would say most reefers would look at you like your crazy if you told them your dosing no3 and po4. Well im dosing too with good things happening but have come across an issue and with doing some research brought me here. So my question would unbalanced no3 and po4 make me have a green algae outbreak. While my nitrates were from 5 to 80 and phos less than .05 tank was looking great no algae
Them nitrates dropped to .25 and phos.04 now have an algae outbreak . Trying to raise no3 and trim algae to see if stops growing . Any suggestions. 125 mixed reef running 4 years.

Kevin G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this web stuff but I would like to become a member to this club but don't know how I've been running my saltwater/ reef tank and would like to look for help on this when needed thank you

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

• My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back